Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309460 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »

Sounds like more poop in your boot fishfarmerboop. :) Empty words from the DFO who missmanage the fishery for us.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »

Lots of poop coming from your mouth, TB.  Again, why don't some of you gentlemen educate yourselves.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/aquaculture/reporting-rapports/benth-eng.html

All salmon farms in BC must follow a regulated program of benthic monitoring and reporting.  This involves sampling and video monitoring - not the edited YouTube videos many of you fear mongers watch.  Other industrial activities in and around water likely have much more impact.  Where are the YouTube videos on those?  How regulated are those in comparison?  What measure do those industries take to reduce impact.  Impact is never zero and no one never claimed it was.

Come to think of it wasn't this the thread where Novabonker was going to unleash his "Mythbusters" on me after finding this:

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/322/5909/1790.3.full

I don't remember getting a response to my post, Novabonker.  Did you hit a glich in your "Mythbuster" quest?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »

Sorry shoeswap, I'm just an ignernt redneck and unable to make much sense of that bafflegab- but after watching the "mis-steps" that constantly plague DFO , I have no trust in them. No lab would want to repudiate their "findings" as it leads to the path of de - certification. 
Would you eat a clam or a crab that came from that pile of $*it? OH!  Wait a minute! Nothing can live under those poop piles.

BTW - Nice try on pointing to another direction with "Other industries are WORSE!" Must be running out of talking points...... ::)
http://

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »

Hate to throw you under the netpen again Shoe, but taxpayers are shoveling out something like 59 million to get these guys to make adequate reports on what their polluting. Check yer boots buddy.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »

Sorry shoeswap, I'm just an ignernt redneck and unable to make much sense of that bafflegab- but after watching the "mis-steps" that constantly plague DFO , I have no trust in them. No lab would want to repudiate their "findings" as it leads to the path of de - certification. 
Would you eat a clam or a crab that came from that pile of $*it? OH!  Wait a minute! Nothing can live under those poop piles.

BTW - Nice try on pointing to another direction with "Other industries are WORSE!" Must be running out of talking points...... ::)

I guess I was hoping too much for an intelligent response from you that didn't contain the usual rhetoric and deflection that is the hallmark of fear mongers like yourself.  Oh well...it wasn't a big surprise.  When you get around to threatening to unleash those "Mythbusters" (you remember the ones in this thread you going to use, but backed down after I called your bluff) on me let me know. 

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2013, 11:13:29 PM »

Hate to throw you under the netpen again Shoe, but taxpayers are shoveling out something like 59 million to get these guys to make adequate reports on what their polluting. Check yer boots buddy.

If that is how you throw then you need to try a bit harder.  Monitoring is only part of where those funds are directed towards, TB.  Since 2010, the BC fish farming industry has been regulated under the Federal Fisheries Act.  Do you remember the series of events that led to the industry here to be regulated by the feds and the Fisheries Act?  Any idea, TB?  Well, those regulations are geared to wild fisheries - not aquaculture, so it makes more sense to have regulations that actually address aquaculture.  I do concede that I wish there was more funds for other things DFO does, but the actions of a certain activist caused a chain reaction that ended up with regulatory change being a necessity now.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2013, 12:52:39 AM »

" but the actions of a certain activist caused a chain reaction that ended up with regulatory change being a necessity now."

that statement is so under the net pen buddy  ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2013, 06:28:10 AM »

Sorry to disappoint you Steveroni.......... but not too much. You see young feller, I watched DFO , through willful ignorance or outright apathy decimate fisheries on the east coast, so my faith in anything they dream up is well, minimal. The fallout devastated families( mine being one of them), changed communities, and altered the fabric of a society. Some well marbled derriere, sitting in Ottawa that never spent a day on the sea fishing that pens a "report" filled with $50 words means squat to me. I wouldn't and don't trust DFO any further than I can pull BC Place. You don't need a boat load of diplomas to see that introduction of a foreign species, pooping, antibiotics, and slice along with God knows what else on a concentrated route is going to have a bad ending. Common sense, Steve.
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »

Fish farming seems to me to be the result of over fishing of a non sustainable wild fishery by greedy people. The Gov stepped in to late. :(   

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »

????
http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/07/26/association-voices-concerns-about-salmon-confidential-film-documentary/

??? ? ....Exactly bob what concerns could they possibly have. Hopefully it's not that spokesperson for the salmon frankenfarming group venting her spleen.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »

??? ? ....Exactly bob what concerns could they possibly have. Hopefully it's not that spokesperson for the salmon frankenfarming group venting her spleen.

wow... the lady is painful to listen to ! I'm 3 minutes in and lost count of the X's she said ummh !!!

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »

wow... the lady is painful to listen to ! I'm 3 minutes in and lost count of the X's she said ummh !!!
Just about as bad as hearing Morton, Don, and the anti's spewing their dung that gets polished so well. :). They like to make the news, not report it. :)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #299 on: July 26, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »

Sorry to disappoint you Steveroni.......... but not too much. You see young feller, I watched DFO , through willful ignorance or outright apathy decimate fisheries on the east coast, so my faith in anything they dream up is well, minimal. The fallout devastated families( mine being one of them), changed communities, and altered the fabric of a society. Some well marbled derriere, sitting in Ottawa that never spent a day on the sea fishing that pens a "report" filled with $50 words means squat to me. I wouldn't and don't trust DFO any further than I can pull BC Place. You don't need a boat load of diplomas to see that introduction of a foreign species, pooping, antibiotics, and slice along with God knows what else on a concentrated route is going to have a bad ending. Common sense, Steve.

Sorry, you can't use governments as the scape goat because when it comes down to it nobody wants to be told they can't fish and everyone (i.e. general public, stakeholders) likes to point fingers at everyone else except their own contribution to the situation.  Management plays a role, I won't deny that, but rarely is there a single cause in things like this.  Using common sense to defend opinions that are not based on facts does not make much sense, NB.