Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309084 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »

Anyone who doesn't agree with you and your nuggets of self serving propaganda is a "sheeple"? My way or the highway? ::)
I picked that strategy up when I was following Morton. Funny how that part stuck to me isnt it lol. Btw I was not the one that started messing with peoples names on here now was I. I never expect anyone to believe anything I post. Just something to think about. but it sure appears to tick off some sheeple. :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:20:25 PM by Fisherbob »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »

All I can see in your "nuggets" are pieces of corn Farmfisherbawb.However I don't lump all the ill informed in any particular peg hole.
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:31 PM »

All I can see in your "nuggets" are pieces of corn Farmfisherbawb.However I don't lump all the ill informed in any particular peg hole.
Lol. Need I say more. :)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »

Lol. Need I say more. :)

Fine by me if you don't. Maybe we should take a poll....

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:49 AM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »

This surveillance initiative is led by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) in partnership with many organizations, including the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the Province of British Columbia, First Nations groups, the aquaculture industry and the fishing and processing industry.

Pfffft -
This surveillance initiative is led by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) XL hamburgers for everyone!in partnership with many organizations, including the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Biggest cheerleaders of feedlots the Province of British Columbia, Yeah, how much do they donate to the Libs? Think Van Dongen's tenure with the feedlots First Nations groups, Not very many, especially those with a vested interest in wild fish the aquaculture industry Noted for their honesty ( reaches over and turns off sarcasm button) and the fishing and processing industry ( Yeah, right - No dogs in this fight).

Back to the drawing board with you!

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »

I am surprised to see you say that after raving about the wild sockeye you had at your Rugby banquet. How is the taste in your mouth now NB? :)
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/-1800661.htm
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:01:28 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »

This surveillance initiative is led by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) in partnership with many organizations, including the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the Province of British Columbia, First Nations groups, the aquaculture industry and the fishing and processing industry.

Pfffft -
This surveillance initiative is led by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) XL hamburgers for everyone!in partnership with many organizations, including the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Biggest cheerleaders of feedlots the Province of British Columbia, Yeah, how much do they donate to the Libs? Think Van Dongen's tenure with the feedlots First Nations groups, Not very many, especially those with a vested interest in wild fish the aquaculture industry Noted for their honesty ( reaches over and turns off sarcasm button) and the fishing and processing industry ( Yeah, right - No dogs in this fight).

Back to the drawing board with you!
Just who would you believe?  AlMo ?? ;D
Sure does sound like a conspiracy allright ...

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2013, 06:58:29 PM »

Lets face it old guys like Dave and Fibsterbob can wolf down as much dirty fish as there bowel can manage, and not worry about shortening their lifespan. I'm more worried about younger people eating this crap.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »

I'm more worried about younger people eating this crap.
And I'm more worried about what I see younger people packing out of places like 7-Elevens's or KFC, Burger King's or McD's.
Appreciate your concerns about my bowels though ... nice ;)
So, you figure Fisherbob to be an old guy like me?  Mayhaps, but I think you're guessing.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

Well then old before his time. Bob is like a gentle reminder to get the colon scoped out though. ;) He's probably a four peperoni a day guy, than someone eating farmed fish all week. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »

I realized that everyone wants to focus on aquaculture, but one thing I noticed from this study was that it appeared to answer some questions following Cohen's criticism of DFO enhancement facilities and the possible release of endemic diseases.  The results from this study appear to be favourable for those facilities which is good news for everyone.  Hopefully, this type of surveillance continues.

Another thing to note was that one of the labs utilized for the study was the lab at the Pacific Biological Station (i.e. called one of the super labs by anti-fish farms critics and workplace of Dr. Kristi Miller....You remember....proclaimed "Scientist of the Year" by anti-fish farm critics).  However, I guess PBS is part of this conspiracy now because the results of the CFIA study do not sit well with the anti-fish farm crowd.  I guess we have to include the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife also in this conspiracy as their recent results appear to concur with those in Canada now.  Lets not forget the First Nation groups who contributed their catch to the CFIA surveillance study.  I guess they are part of the conspiracy also.....although they donated fish to Ms Morton's "surveillance" program also....but don't tell the antis that.  Not many FN involved?  Hmmm...here is an example of how many members with the UFFCA:

http://www.uffca.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=63

Another thing I noticed was the that CFIA did a better job at being forthcoming and transparent than Ms Morton.  Not only did they post an Executive Summary and press release, but if you noticed, a complete text of the report (which includes methods on how samples were collected, handled, transported and stored....not erroneous interpretations of results to grab headlines) is available upon request.  On the other hand, Ms Morton has been doing her "surveillance" since the end of the Cohen, tracking European viruses apparently and has produced no report on her activities, but is front and center in the media (and YouTube) making accusations against the BC aquaculture industry, DFO and the BC government.  Funny how the big, bad government people are more transparent than the "saviours" of wild fish who preach about being concerned about the muzzling of scientists, transparency, cover-ups, corruption and good science.

In Ms Morton's May 23rd blog post, she states:

It is very important that the debate about whether European viruses are spreading from Atlantic salmon feedlots into the Pacific and whether they are causing wild salmon populations to decline to be open and transparent.

Instead of focusing on names and personalities as a reason for not engaging with people with an opposite opinion perhaps Ms Morton should quit make excuses and start following her own advice in the above quote.  For instance, start with publishing her own methods and results in the same open format as the CFIA did today (and the WDFW did last week).  At the moment, it appears as though the one hiding things is Ms Morton.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/aquatic-animals/diseases/reportable/isa/wild-anadromous-salmonids/eng/1370960326837/1370960742286

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

Nibs liked your sheep dropping off a cliff post, called it your best, and it was a beauty but I think this one deserves serious consideration :)