Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309252 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »

Many of us feel it is here already. :o
No doubt it is but a non pathogenic strain,a strain endemic to this coast and possibly has been since the millions of Atlantic's were released here in attempts to start a sports fishery.  If ISA (the disease, not the virus) was here on the Pacific coast there most likely would not be any Brown trout in the Cowichan River or a living net penned Atlantic salmon, something we all know AlMo desperately wants.

Posting anything about ISA, the disease, in Norway salmon farms, or Irish or Scottish or Maine or Nova Scotian or Newfoundland farms is irrelevant to what's happening here.  What is relevant is the fact it is not in Washington State and has not been found in BC since farming Atlantic's began about 30 years ago.

Time for af to wade in I'm thinking ...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:35:56 PM by Dave »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »

Before you get too excited.

"Specific strains of the virus have caused a deadly disease in farm-raised Atlantic salmon. Outbreaks with significant losses have occurred in farmed Atlantic salmon in Maine, Eastern Canada, Chile and several European countries".
And these countries are still farming Atlantic's. that in its self is exciting. :) lessons were learned it seems.   

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »

And these countries are still farming Atlantic's. that in its self is exciting. :) lessons were learned it seems.   

Your really sounding like someone who gave money to Morton? :o
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »

Your really sounding like someone who gave money to Morton? :o
Thank you TB. You finally believe me. :) (you're btw) I would still be donating to Mortons cause if she would ever get something right. Really no better than the Mayan calander end of the world predictions. At least those predictions were funny. :)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=conspiracy%20theorist
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:06:22 PM by Fisherbob »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »

Good news. :)
http://www.fishfarmingxpert.com/index.php?page_id=76&article_id=99666

You're not associated with fish farms yet you post pro-farm information the same day it is released?

Either you have no life or you're on an email distribution list for promoting fish farm articles.
My guess is that fish farm promotion is part of your job...

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »

You're not associated with fish farms yet you post pro-farm information the same day it is released?

Either you have no life or you're on an email distribution list for promoting fish farm articles.
He is providing the same service for pro salmon farmers as Chris and alwaysfisn does for the antis ;)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »

What I appreciate about Fisherbob's posts is that he is able to say in one sentence what absolon and *steve take several paragraphs to say..... 

Perhaps the feedlot industry is paying Fisherbob by the post, rather than by the word......   ???

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »

I love that one line in the article : Alexandra Morton, who recently was removed from the list of Registered Professional Biologists with the College of Applied Biology of British Columbia.

PLEASE someone, tell me this is true. Then she can stop with the whole "claiming to be a biologist" thing when she has no idea about anything she is doing. She can go back to her real job, journalism. That would be especially great news also, for the fact that if it were true, her publications would all get filtered out and we wouldn't need to hear more doom and gloom from her which never materializes.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »

I love that one line in the article : Alexandra Morton, who recently was removed from the list of Registered Professional Biologists with the College of Applied Biology of British Columbia.

PLEASE someone, tell me this is true. Then she can stop with the whole "claiming to be a biologist" thing when she has no idea about anything she is doing. She can go back to her real job, journalism. That would be especially great news also, for the fact that if it were true, her publications would all get filtered out and we wouldn't need to hear more doom and gloom from her which never materializes.
I asked that question regarding her status to the CABBC ... this is the reply:

Good Morning Dave,
Alexandra Morton has chosen not to renew her membership of the College.

Linda Stordeur, RPBio
Registrar, College of Applied Biology
Phone: 250-383-3306   Fax:250-383-2400

There have been other RP Bios that complained about Morton's professionalism to the registrar so there may be some truth to the removal.  Another question af can ask tomorrow, if he attends ;D

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »

I asked that question regarding her status to the CABBC ... this is the reply:

Good Morning Dave,
Alexandra Morton has chosen not to renew her membership of the College.

Linda Stordeur, RPBio
Registrar, College of Applied Biology
Phone: 250-383-3306   Fax:250-383-2400

There have been other RP Bios that complained about Morton's professionalism to the registrar so there may be some truth to the removal.  Another question af can ask tomorrow, if he attends ;D

This is great news!

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »

She still has a Doctorate in Science:

http://www.sfu.ca/content/dam/sfu/ceremonies/HDRs/honorary-degrees/Citation-Morton-web.pdf

So she choose not to pay dues to remain a member - her membership was not "removed".

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »

This is great news!

You boys are desperate!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »

It's interesting that in spite of Dave being retired, he still seems to think he is qualified to comment on fish science....

As you are implying about Alexandra, perhaps he isn't aware that he is no longer "qualified" to comment on these matters..