Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1338423 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #3105 on: September 22, 2018, 06:37:58 PM »

Port Hardy and the First Nations around Port Hardy are probably the most pro fish farm people on our coast.
Who should we get our information from, people that see what the farming is all about or what foreign funded dog science wants us to think?
  Just asking :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:41:14 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3106 on: September 23, 2018, 04:11:20 AM »

I am no longer blinded by what a few people “think” from foreign funded propaganda. Enjoy your Monday Chris. But then again, Chilliwack is not near our waters :)
  Yup I know its a double post I think Chris missed out on this one.
  https://www.seawestnews.com/b-c-first-nations-tell-eco-militants-to-stay-away/
Comment FB? https://hashilthsa.com/news/2018-09-17/high-sea-lice-counts-leads-cermaq-close-farm-site-clayoquot-sound

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #3107 on: September 23, 2018, 06:20:24 PM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3108 on: September 24, 2018, 03:53:13 AM »

It looks like Cermac is on top of it and I like what Stewart Johnson had to say. :)
If it was not for people like Alex they would not be on top of it, that's for sure. We are now on the Wild Salmon Caravan for a week as we follow the sockeye home. So glad to be part of it. Keep the posts coming while I am away as this industry continues to falter.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3109 on: September 24, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »

Im just sitting here reading enjoying this wonderful tasty snack.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3110 on: September 24, 2018, 11:55:21 AM »

If it was not for people like Alex they would not be on top of it, that's for sure. We are now on the Wild Salmon Caravan for a week as we follow the sockeye home. So glad to be part of it. Keep the posts coming while I am away as this industry continues to falter.
Morton has done nothing for wild salmon; she has, however, cost Canadian taxpayers miliions of dollars in her efforts to rid BC of salmon farms.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3111 on: September 24, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »

Morton has done nothing for wild salmon; she has, however, cost Canadian taxpayers miliions of dollars in her efforts to rid BC of salmon farms.

More like she has cost DFO pacific regions budget a significant hit.  Money that would of otherwise been spent on enforcement or salmon enhancement/studies.

That not even factoring the time that people that work for DFO have spent chasing down her wild theories.  Biologist, enforcement ect...

Was it worth it?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #3112 on: September 26, 2018, 11:28:43 AM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #3113 on: September 29, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:43:59 PM by Fisherbob »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #3114 on: October 02, 2018, 03:41:52 PM »

https://www.seawestnews.com/anti-fish-farm-activists-leave-taxpayers-hefty-bills/

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3115 on: October 07, 2018, 03:17:24 PM »

What do you think Chris? 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=038EKn5HAKE
Sorry for getting to this as was on the Wild Salmon Caravan for a week and then hunting for a week. Will have some video for you later. Happy Thanksgiving and wild fish for supper and then Blue Grouse for tomorrow, no farmed food for me.lol

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3116 on: October 09, 2018, 10:37:14 AM »

interesting..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:03:00 PM by wildmanyeah »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3117 on: October 19, 2018, 04:47:59 AM »

The march continues to rid FF from our Oceans. https://youtu.be/XwuFRMShBug

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3118 on: October 19, 2018, 08:05:43 AM »

So you won’t answer Bob’s questions; no surprise there. Too bad you and your FN cronies won’t channel your passion for wild salmon by speaking out against the waste happening on the Fraser River now with the chum roe fishery, or the continued harvesting of endangered early and summer Fraser River chinooks. You know, do something that actually would help wild salmon.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3119 on: October 19, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »

So you won’t answer Bob’s questions; no surprise there. Too bad you and your FN cronies won’t channel your passion for wild salmon by speaking out against the waste happening on the Fraser River now with the chum roe fishery, or the continued harvesting of endangered early and summer Fraser River chinooks. You know, do something that actually would help wild salmon.
Where is your FOC friends, SS  etc? Of course they will not deal with FF and illegal activity by many sectors. Can you contact them and report back to us what they are doing with the chum fishery you speak of. I am spread thin with too many causes right now. Also I am told Fred, Rod Clapton and their new group are working on it.???