Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1338176 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2911 on: March 02, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »

Filmed this today at the rally. https://youtu.be/aWA4SGAWHzs

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2912 on: March 02, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

From a “scientific standpoint”, as Suzuki likes to use loosely, he never mentions what else has changed in our oceans and climate as he speaks to the crowd.  No mention of the warm water blob or southern plankton species (not as nutritious as northern species) off our coast.  No mention of declining productivity elsewhere adjacent to BC. No salmon farms in Southeast Alaska, but the numbers and size of Chinook are declining as well as the fecundity of female Chinook. So, if Suzuki wants to get on his soap box and berate salmon aquaculture here and say that he’s talking from a scientific standpoint then don’t cherry pick because from a scientific standpoint there’s much more going on which is going to impact livelihoods dependant on wild salmon.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2913 on: March 02, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »

Filmed this today at the rally. https://youtu.be/aWA4SGAWHzs
With the volume muted it was watchable ::) Always seems to be the same folks that attend these gatherings Chris, you need some new blood.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2914 on: March 02, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »

From a “scientific standpoint”, as Suzuki likes to use loosely, he never mentions what else has changed in our oceans and climate as he speaks to the crowd.  No mention of the warm water blob or southern plankton species (not as nutritious as northern species) off our coast.  No mention of declining productivity elsewhere adjacent to BC. No salmon farms in Southeast Alaska, but the numbers and size of Chinook are declining as well as the fecundity of female Chinook. So, if Suzuki wants to get on his soap box and berate salmon aquaculture here and say that he’s talking from a scientific standpoint then don’t cherry pick because from a scientific standpoint there’s much more going on which is going to impact livelihoods dependant on wild salmon.
Thanks for watching , glad I posted it so we could hear from you again, I was worried what had happened to you. :P

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2915 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »

Breaking news. "Terrific news!!! Washington Senate just passed the ban on Atlantic salmon net pens in Washington waters!!! It was a roller coaster day but we did it!!!! BC next up!!!"

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2916 on: March 02, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »

Breaking news. "Terrific news!!! Washington Senate just passed the ban on Atlantic salmon net pens in Washington waters!!! It was a roller coaster day but we did it!!!! BC next up!!!"

You spend time protesting in the USA and you didn’t pick me up cherry cola how dare you.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2917 on: March 02, 2018, 07:38:44 PM »

I just remembered SS was always writing how we should complain about the FF in Washington, I am sure he is happy now and will not have to write about that anymore.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2919 on: March 02, 2018, 07:52:36 PM »

I guess that means BC's salmon farmers now have a larger market .... can you say expansion?? ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2920 on: March 02, 2018, 08:14:04 PM »

I guess that means BC's salmon farmers now have a larger market .... can you say expansion?? ;D
The beginning of the end Dave, better sell your shares.lol

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2921 on: March 02, 2018, 09:49:48 PM »

The beginning of the end Dave, better sell your shares.lol

The fisheries minister said its up the the province of bc if they want to give out new leases or renew them.

How's the file going with the BC Government?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2922 on: March 03, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »

Reads to me that Atlantic salmon farming is banned. Perhaps they will change over to farming Pacific salmon now and you will still have something to keep you busy Chris :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:12:51 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2923 on: March 03, 2018, 04:15:24 PM »

Reads to me that Atlantic salmon farming is banned. Perhaps they will start farming Pacific salmon now and you will still have something to take up your time Chris :)
Can you see the irony if that happens  8)  and it wouldn't surprise me a bit ... face saving, no job losses, great solution to a politically driven agenda. 

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2924 on: March 03, 2018, 04:55:29 PM »