Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1341118 times)

Dave

• Old Timer

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2551 on: December 17, 2016, 10:11:01 AM »

http://www.fishfarmingexpert.com/news/industry-relieved-by-closed-containment-defeat/

It's like hearing Trump won the election. Hopefully consumers make the right choice about what they buy.

"I would emphasize that we are not putting the industry’s needs ahead of the environment"

well well well what a pile of shat
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2552 on: December 18, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »

It's like hearing Trump won the election. Hopefully consumers make the right choice about what they buy.

"I would emphasize that we are not putting the industry’s needs ahead of the environment"

well well well what a pile of shat

What smart choice would that be TB? Save a wild salmon, eat farmed?  Seems the eat only wild to save the wild comment is a bit far fetched these days LOL. :)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2553 on: December 18, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »

Bawb I know it's hard for you to get past open net penned method of salmon farming. So carry on dino.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2554 on: December 18, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »

troutbreath, you are most certainly the dino in this conversation. Fish farming on the Pacific coast is not going away; you know it but can't accept it; it's called denial.
So you carry on, eat all the wild salmon you can and feel as good as you can about it ::)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2555 on: December 19, 2016, 08:53:39 AM »

Speaking of denial......You know it doesn't matter a whit to the pro crew about how much information from highly accredited scientists or peer reviewed studies I've posted in the past,(denial) the answer always comes back to the sewer water the feedlots concoct and put out themselves while frantically patting themselves on the back (corporate denial) .Whale deaths? Look over here at this! - Denial. I've posted tons of filth on the feedlots and the ruinous practices the very same companies pull in other countries - all met with denial and codswallop about what a wonderful record they have here. Even more denial. I purposely stayed away from Ms. Morton's studies by using others research- but was accused of being an organ for her.More denial.Post some proven facts - I get called a liar. Even more denial, with a little bit of subterfuge for good measure.

Why bother? Anything I post that's factually based is met with denial and scorn. You can't have a pertinent discussion with a bunch of rocks.

- Merry Christmas everyone!

http://

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2556 on: December 19, 2016, 09:03:11 AM »

troutbreath, you are most certainly the dino in this conversation. Fish farming on the Pacific coast is not going away; you know it but can't accept it; it's called denial.
So you carry on, eat all the wild salmon you can and feel as good as you can about it ::)

Daveosaur I have nothing against FF just the way it's done. Please accept that notion. Also I only eat hatchery salmon and I don't deny that. just sayen

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2557 on: December 19, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

Looks like there are risks in every thing humans do. Alaska salmon ranching comes to mind. 

https://www.wildsalmoncenter.org/2012/05/14/hatchery-risks/

http://e360.yale.edu/feature/hatch-22_the_problem_with_the_pacific_salmon_resurgence/2335/

"In 1970, hatcheries released 500 million young salmon. By 2008, that figure had jumped to 5 billion."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:56:15 AM by Fisherbob »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2558 on: December 19, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2559 on: December 19, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:13:20 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2560 on: December 21, 2016, 08:43:44 AM »

Un-triggered :)
http://www.doh.wa.gov/CommunityandEnvironment/Food/Fish/FarmedSalmon

you should mention your information is from the time when dino's roamed the earth.....triggered and lumbering about in the Mesozoic Era

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2561 on: December 21, 2016, 10:01:25 AM »

you should mention your information is from the time when dino's roamed the earth.....triggered and lumbering about in the Mesozoic Era
Perhaps you can help me get up to date on when salmon farming has harmed wild salmon in BC and Washington TB. The only harm I see is keeping the price of wild salmon down. Nothing wrong with a little competition I would think.  :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2562 on: December 27, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »

Now back be it a a couple of days early.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dead-herring-digby-county-investigation-1.3898021

Wondering what if?

"Fish farm involvement examined

DFO is warning people to only buy herring from licensed harvesters until they figure out why the fished died.

As the list of possible causes is checked off, others are being added, including the possibility of nearby fish farms being involved.

"We've looked into such things as infectious salmon anemia and so far there is no evidence of a link," said Whorley. "But the books aren't closed on all of this."

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2563 on: December 27, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »

Ah Chris ...  :) another waste of cyberspace.  Have a good new year but please explain how this is relevant to the Pacific coast.
On another note, what's up with Almo?  Very quiet lately ...

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2564 on: December 28, 2016, 02:53:22 PM »

Now back be it a a couple of days early.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dead-herring-digby-county-investigation-1.3898021

Wondering what if?

"Fish farm involvement examined

DFO is warning people to only buy herring from licensed harvesters until they figure out why the fished died.

As the list of possible causes is checked off, others are being added, including the possibility of nearby fish farms being involved.

"We've looked into such things as infectious salmon anemia and so far there is no evidence of a link," said Whorley. "But the books aren't closed on all of this."

Maybe you should follow your own advice and stick to the thread title which is "Get Your Facts Straight"

When you actually have some facts regarding this come on back.  :P