Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

SUCCESS! Ambleside May 28th

(1/3) > >>

JigHead:
HAHAHA!!! caught my 1st big greenling today at ambleside!  Got there at 4, got the fish within 10 mins of set up... then after the 1st fish was landed. 2 others were hooked.  i managed to bring up 2 but 1 swam into the weed/rocks and it got away.   had a couple of snag later on. pretty sure it was the handy work of other greenlings.
but non the less. i got mine :D

otto:
NICE!!!!!      what setup did you use?       8)  

JigHead:
12 ft shimano holiday spin,  abu garcia AG4F which i got for 30 bucks at Canadian tire brand new :).  12lb iron silk "low vis Green"...  basicly tied a wolf river rig with 10lb maxima line without the dropper line with a 2oz sinker.
for some reason, for greenlings at that spot works better if you have a wolf river rig or any rig that ties the sinker in middle and hook in the end. *as i heard from my friend, he catches a bunch of these guys. big ones too*

at 1st i dont really believe him but then after i snagged my line. i hooked up a bar rig and fired out there... only got small soles.

Will_CARP:
Are fishing from the pier?  Are greenling plentyful or are they rare there? ??? 8)

JigHead:
i say... they are abundent.. but the one i caught was rare cause it was so big :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version