Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced Stillwater Strategies Course with Todd Oishi - Saturday, April 20th  (Read 4621 times)

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Advanced Stillwater Strategies
presented by Todd Oishi

The "Advanced Stillwater Strategies" course is designed for intermediate and advanced fly fishers (beginners are also very welcome). This one-day advanced fly fishing course is packed full of invaluable information that will significantly improve your overall fly fishing abilities and knowledge of the sport.

Todd will teach you a series of highly-effective floating and sinking-line techniques and tactics that will significantly improve your chances of hooking and landing greater numbers of trout. You'll also learn about the importance of colour and lighting, and how it effects fly pattern selection.

Your time spent in the classroom will not only increase your overall angling success, but will allow you to approach your favorite still waters with a whole new approach and a much greater level of confidence. This course is unlike any other course that you'll ever attend...

The "Advanced Stillwater Strategies" course will cover the following topics and much, much more:
• "What Trout See" - understanding the vision of trout and its impact on your presentation
• "The importance of Colour" - UV, colour and lighting, and how to design the perfect fly pattern
• “The Take” - understanding how a trout takes a fly and how to improve your hookup ratio
• "Floating Line Techniques" - understanding how to use your floating lines more effectively
• "Sinking Line Techniques" - a lesson on how to use your sinking lines to their fullest potential
• "An Introduction to Loch-Style Fly Fishing" - an in-depth study of this dynamic style of fishing
• "British Fly Fishing Techniques" - this presentation will inspire you to "think outside the box"
• "Fly Tying Demonstration" - a tying demonstration and theory behind several of Todd's favourite and most productive stillwater patterns

Date: Saturday, April 20, 2013 @ 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Upstairs Learning Centre @ Hatch Match'r Fly & Tackle
22935 Lougheed Highway, Maple Ridge
Cost: $20.00 per Youth Team Member (each Youth's fee will be applied directly to their own competition fund ).
( bring your own lunch - coffee and muffins supplied free of charge )
Phone: 604-467-7118 to reserve a spot or email Todd at: toishis@uniserve.com
Seating is limited, and all of the past presentations have sold out, so call today in order to secure a spot at this presentation!

Reviews and Feedback on Todd's Advanced Stillwater Strategies Seminar:

"I wanted to send my personal thanks to you for opening up a whole new window for me on stillwater strategies, trout vision and how that translates into effective patterns. It was by far the best seminar I've attended over the years with Northern Lights and elsewhere - full of information based on science, acute observation, experimentation and analysis and presented clearly and unpretentiously. It has certainly changed my approach to the sport."
Peter Little - Secretary of Northern Lights Flytyers & Trout Unlimited Edmonton

"I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation. Your use of video, showing pictures then fading for written summaries or comments was excellent. Your photos of locations, people and fish were very pertinent to your topic, and were very informative. I felt I learned a lot of new strategies. Even though we can't use dropper flies in BC, you showed ways we could adapt. Your discussions about how fish see and how to take advantage of that, connected beautifully to the topic of tying flies."
Lloyd Erickson - Nanaimo, British Columbia

"Just a quick note to thank you for the talk last Saturday. I feel it was very well received by everyone there. I have had great feed back from all who attended. The "What trout See" lecture had especially good comments."
Phil Rogers – President of Penticton Flyfishers and Secretary of BCFFF

"Again, thank you very much for the great weekend! I have received nothing but a lot of good feed back about your presentations."
Bernie Heinrichs – President of Island Waters Fly Fishing Club

"Thank-you again for the great information, I found your presentations probably the most useful out of everything presented at the symposium."
Dale Francis - Haig Brown Fly Fishing Association

"I thought your explanation in class was clear and insightful, and the on the water section was fantastic to see you in action! It was a really awesome course in terms of the historical, technical, and practical aspects."
Steve Oei - B.BA.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:01:40 AM by Todd Oishi »
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

SteelheadAdict

i suggest u guys take this coarse i took his master class last saturated and it was awesome u will learn so much i guarantee its worth every penny

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Thanks for the kind words SteelheadAddict! I'm using this seminar as a fundraising project in order to help pay a portion of my entry fees, which will allow me to compete a member of Team Canada at the 2013 World Fly Fishing Championships that are being held in the Vesna Region of Norway this coming August. Your support is greatly appreciated!! :)

There are still quite a few seat available for this presentation. This seminar is guaranteed to be very different than any other stillwater fishing seminar that you've ever attended, and is packed full of new and innovative ideas and techniques that are guaranteed to change your approach and the way that you fish lakes, ponds, reservoirs, and other types of stillwaters!

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

There are still a few seats left for next Saturday's course. This will be an excellent primer and way to start your stillwater season. I absolutely guarantee that you'll never look at your favourite lake or fly box in the same light after attending this course...

Cheers,
Todd

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

One last bump for tomorrow morning's class. There are still a few seats left, and tomorrow's weather forecast isn't looking so good for fishing, so this will be a fun and informative time, and a great way to spend a Saturday morning and afternoon.

Call the shop at: 604-467-7118 to reserve your spot.

I hope to see you there,
Todd