Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leaf Mobile stolen!  (Read 11260 times)

Pin-nook

Re: Leaf Mobile stolen!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 07:25:53 AM »

Chris you're lucky it has turned up like the Nissan Xterra I filmed burning at the side of the road below Cedars a couple years ago.  I just couldn't believe no one saw anyone set it on fire cause there were people fishing all over the place. 

arimaBOATER

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »

Hopefully the pick up did not land into a chop shop.
Engine ,tires, muffler, c. converter on & on.

Maybe a wild shot but it worked for me.
While living in Sk. in the latter 70s  ( & the locals said the winter was one of the worst in 30 years; winter conditions from Oct 5 to about April 24. Extreme cold & 4 - 5 major snow storms , white out conditions , sometimes solid black ice ; very unforgettable experience )my veicle was stolen.
It is like yesterday. Remember so clearly.
Walked up & looked where it should be parked & it was not there.   :o

Thus ya tell the police etc...
Two days later I called every tow truck co. in the city & asked the dispatch if they towed so & so veicle on this date from this location & if they did please tell the police.

Well two days later I think it was "ring ring " the police found my veicle!!!

A tow truck company called them & gave them the address where they towed my car.
The police drove there & there was the guy in the driveway doing needed repairs.

In court the guy said that I was getting a better car back because he put in a new battery on & on.

He thought my car had no owner as it had not moved for weeks. ( well I left it parked because my veicle heater was not so great & in example -30 -40 & wind it was just too cold to use )

But who knows ...possibly the thief had your truck towed ?
Maybe while the choir sang the tow truck got your truck on the tow ?
So called owner gave driver a quick line.

Odds are it was not towed but I think it's worth to check the possibility.
Worked for me.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »

That reminds me of an incident that happened several years ago. My friend and I were going to fish the Vedder and since he lived in Coquitlam and I lived in Surrey, we met at the 176 exit where he parked his vehicle while we drove in mine. On our return, his vehicle was gone.

A report was filed and while he waited for the 30 days for the ICBC stolen vehicle waiting period, he drove a rental car. About 2 weeks after the theft we met again, this time he parked his vehicle on my driveway and we went fishing. At the end of the day we joked with each other that it would be funny if his vehicle was sitting where he had originally parked.....   Imagine the shock when we drove by the 176 exit spot and there was his vehicle. Other than a broken ignition and a pried open gas cap the vehicle was in reasonable condition. The police were very surprised that it had been returned. A few repairs, and he continued to drive the vehicle for several more years.

Have you checked the church parking lot Chris?  :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »

That reminds me of an incident that happened several years ago. My friend and I were going to fish the Vedder and since he lived in Coquitlam and I lived in Surrey, we met at the 176 exit where he parked his vehicle while we drove in mine. On our return, his vehicle was gone.

A report was filed and while he waited for the 30 days for the ICBC stolen vehicle waiting period, he drove a rental car. About 2 weeks after the theft we met again, this time he parked his vehicle on my driveway and we went fishing. At the end of the day we joked with each other that it would be funny if his vehicle was sitting where he had originally parked.....   Imagine the shock when we drove by the 176 exit spot and there was his vehicle. Other than a broken ignition and a pried open gas cap the vehicle was in reasonable condition. The police were very surprised that it had been returned. A few repairs, and he continued to drive the vehicle for several more years.

Have you checked the church parking lot Chris?  :D
Had though about that, maybe they will bring it back next Sunday. 8)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »

There probably using your truck to pick up stuff for the food bank. ::)

Hope you get it back in one piece. Can give you a good deal on a unused car alarm. Easy install. Bought two when they were on sale. My vehicles have been broken into so many times. Now they see the flashing alarm and leave it alone. My 2010 Mazda B2300 came with the disabler but no alarm. I think the Ranger got the disabler as a standard feature in 2009.

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »

There probably using your truck to pick up stuff for the food bank. ::)

Hope you get it back in one piece. Can give you a good deal on a unused car alarm. Easy install. Bought two when they were on sale. My vehicles have been broken into so many times. Now they see the flashing alarm and leave it alone. My 2010 Mazda B2300 came with the disabler but no alarm. I think the Ranger got the disabler as a standard feature in 2009.

Thanks, meeting went well with ICBC today so now a waiting game for 20 days.