Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tips for fishing the Capilano May 22nd  (Read 3587 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Tips for fishing the Capilano May 22nd
« on: May 22, 2004, 07:43:29 PM »

Spent a couple of frustrating hours fishing the Capilano this afternoon. The guy next to me was casting way upstream from where he was standing, having a big belly on his line and then leaving his line sitting in the tailout.

To assist other newbies in having an enjoyable time and perhaps even catch a salmon here is a few do's and don'ts.

1) Do not cast way upstream from where you are fishing. It's a waste of your time and energy. The most productive part of the drift is when the lure is directly in front or downstream from you.

2) Do not have a big belly of line in the water. It creates a unnatural drift. If you do get a strike it will be virtually impossible to set the hook with all the slack line in the water.

3) When you finish with your drift, reel in and cast again. Do not let the line sit waggling in the tailout.

4) When there is group of people fishing the same stretch of water, the guy furthest downstream cast first followed by the second guy furthest downstream and so on. Do not cast out of sequence or else you will have the mother of all tangles.

5) When you hook a fish, yell "Fish On" so other fishermen can reel in your line.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 10:11:55 PM by Rodney »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:Tips for fishing the Capilano
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 07:48:23 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

FishKid

Re:Tips for fishing the Capilano May 22nd
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

Where were you fishing?

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 11:12:58 PM »

Hey fishassin very good tips. tips that  all sportsmen fishing our waters should live by ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 11:04:20 AM »

The guy beside me was not wearing a thong  ;D ;D

Randog

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 07:33:25 PM »

I hate yelling the "Fish on " Thing. If I'm playing a fish, and I'm close to someone, I just flick on the clicker on the centerpin and the sound usually alerts them. ;D

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 07:47:06 PM »

Yelling "fish on" is my favorite thing to do.  Even when I am not fishing.  Some times I just wake up in the middle of the night and am yelling fish on while haveing a fishing dream.   ;)

Randog

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:42:37 PM »

Jonny, better looking fish buddy ;)