Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish FSR  (Read 2616 times)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Squamish FSR
« on: December 29, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »

Any body been up lately?  Any plowing going on by industry?  Drivable on packed snow with chains?

Chrome Mykiss

Re: Squamish FSR
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »

Logging is shut down for the year. Therefore the only plowing is done for access to the powerhouse and the run of river structure on the Ashlu. I have not been up there lately, but from what I hear and looking on hwy webcams. The road is snowed in from the upstream of the powerhouse. Travel up there is not recommended without snow tires, 4x4 and good road clearance. The road can get heavily rutted due to the depth of snow, so cars or low clearance vehicles should not try to go up there. I would also recommend a snow shovel and survival equipment. Please notify people of your schedule and where abouts too, because if your get in trouble up there you are pretty much on your own (no cell service). 

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »

About 1 meter of snow in the upper valley. Road is ok until Powerhouse then your on your own. No industry working. The upper Squamish also had a silver thaw in the community with lots of trees down so I would expect the same on the FSR. Bring a saw and shovels if you venture that way as you will most likely need them.

Still lots of snow in the Brackendale and it's getting soft now but the cooling trend should change that.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »

Thank you for the feedback guys.  My questions were answered and I didn't have to reveal where I'm going  ;)

I had my experience being stuck just before the Elaho on icy hard packed snow which won't happen again :)