Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cell reception  (Read 5905 times)

Electroman

Re: Cell reception
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »

Had that problem with Telus, the customer service guy told me to move. I complained to BBB and got a free iPhone if I dropped the charges.

Their customer service has really took a dive in the last few years. I'm up for renewal within the next 6 months so this time I'm shopping around. I've been with telus for about 10 years.

chromeo

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »

Sounds like Bell and Telus have the same customer service issues.  I have 9 months left on my contract and they wont match or come close to fidos 56 dollar plan.  Although my

wife complained enough with telus as her contract was up and they brought her plan down to 65 dollars nationwide etc.  Bell on the other hand will give the plan to customers who

have 6 or less months left on their contract.  I don't recommend anyone dealing with Bell unless you like to pay a higher monthly bill every month and get poor customer service. 

I even told them i will be leaving this contract as soon as I can and they didn't seem to care.  Fido bar none is the best provider in the lower mainland i can't wait to pay a fair price

on a very good talk plan.

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

It's all the same.  Who ever you deal with will always have their pros and cons.  However you look at it we are all paying too much for our plans, compared to the rest of the world.  I am with Bell, been so for 12 years or so.  Never had a problem with the customer service, cell reception, paying too much for bills, etc.  No problems at all. 

If you ever have a problem with your phone company, start screaming and yelling at customer service, ask to speak with the supervisors, and threaten to leave for another company.  You will be surprised how fast they fold and give you a free phone, or cut your bill in half, and add free features to your plan.   They want nothing more than for us to sign a 3 year contract for the shiny new Samsung, that will have to be replaced in a year. 

salmonrook

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »

Fido is ownedby Rogers and I believe they ride the same network.
I get service with Rogers only 5 mins past tamahi as well.

If you use and older phone it has a bigger battery and has a high gain antenna ,so if you can find the old motorola brick then you will defininately get better signal ;D

brownmancheng

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »

Fido is just as bad as any carrier and I have had them all. I don't find service particularly good and I think telus/bell gets service in remote areas that fido/Rogers does not. I am currently with fido, but after issues with theirs and Rogers customer service I switched my wife's plan over to Bell and have been quite happy with service and cost. I will say my new fido IPhone 5 has the worst reception yet. Have yet to hit full bars possibly handset issue I guess.

elroyperch

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »

i carry a phone when i fish but the thing is turned off,i have a hard enough time trying to catch a fish,not to good at multitasking ;D