Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128975 times)

Britguy

• Old Timer

should be good for friday right ???
i had hoped to go out Wed but could not make it
so now my option is friday :)

Burkie

You can always fish upper river above the slide its clear up there

farky

You can always fish upper river above the slide its clear up there
Not always, it depends which of the 3 main slides is coloring up the water.If it's selesse then the whole thing is dirty.

Britguy

• Old Timer

I will start mid river and work my way up if its too mirky :-\

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Everything was good above the pipes today. Came down and fished the lower at 330 just to have a look. Maybe a foot at sundown. If I was a gambling man I'd bet the lower comes into shape for tomorrow.

Britguy

• Old Timer

I like a gamble now and then
Thanks for the update :)

Brian the fisherman

the river today was fishable, a quick clearing imo. i watched 3 fish caught today all were chrome slabs.
Tight lines to all

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Not sure how the morning was but I was annoyed to find that despite the steady drop in temp as well as the Hydrograph, the water was still pretty sh*tty this afternoon. The pipes were just puking.  Two to three cars at every pullout above the slides ::) Not that I don't mind fishing in 12"-18" of vis but early season like this its nice to have a little more vis for covering water. Really hope that this year we are not dealing with poor stability on some of these slides. I guess imo the water should be in much better shape for the temp. Good luck out there for the weekend.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions in the lower were OK I thought, I guess the clay filters out some as you get further away from the slides.

After not hooking a fish for over 3 weeks I finally found one but after 4 minutes of playing the steelhead the fish shook the hook out as I was getting it into a landing position, I thought, but not sure it was sans an adipose. Oh well, better to hook one than not as one starts to doubt ones self after going fishless for a few trips.

At least got a taste of fish today as Lew, Nick and I went our for lunch, fish and chips for me. ;D ;D

Burkie

Wow can't believe it's still spewing like that..look like its gonna be one o those years where every little bit of precipitation is gonna color up the water

banx

was fairly high up the chilliwack today and worked my way down... early morning.... i had a few nice bites and my buddy lost 2. the water was nice, a little high but visibility was decent.  probably head out again tomorrow morning.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

-6 today, be prepared for frozen guides and cold fingers.

Burkie

As long as it gets the river back in shape faster.. Little warmer forcast for next week though

CohoMan

• Old Timer

It was freaking freezing and lines will not come out.

I hooked into a beauty way out in the deep( lower end ) and after about 5 minutes of battle, she came unbuttoned!!!!

Sigh :o :o :o :o :o :o

rhino

• Old Timer

there was almost 3.5-4 feet vis in the middle section yesterday. fished for 4 hours till my toes would not respond to the messages my brain was sending. beautiful day out and water level was perfect!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19