Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128978 times)

Floater

• Old Timer

Either i missed the post where this rule was brought to attention or it never was.  :-[
[

Charts

Rod I agree but disagree at the same time. My questions weren't directed at Chris specifically but to anyone who can update conditions. Some people are privileged enough to live near the river or work near it and are able to look out the car window and comment. Like I said in my earlier post that was deleted and Rod you know first hand now, I have a four month old baby at home and work all week so when my wife, bless her soul, says she's totally ok with me fishing tomorrow, it would be a tough pill to swollow to drive an hour to see chocolate milk as water. If Chris or anyone wants to let us know how the conditions are then great. Might save a drive out, waste a hard to come by day, and if blown get to hang out with my baby boy. Just my two cents. Chris shouldn't ever feel like he has to check the water I agree but info from a single person can help a lot of people.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Yep, you and I and everyone else would hate to get to the river and find it unfishable. This is what this thread is set up every year to make the experience more enjoyable for all.

There are two reasons behind the new rule.

To improve the quality of the thread. There have been too many posts of people asking for water condition, sometimes probably more than the water condition reports. It frustrates many when they click on the thread only to find out it is yet another request.

Chris posts condition reports whenever he is back to his computer from the river. Very rarely he does not so people don't need to request for it. Sometimes he phones me up and asks me to post it sooner. He can provide reports on the current condition, but he shouldn't be asked to predict what the condition will be like in the future.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

UP to now , the river is in mint condition, but i cannot predict for tomorrow.  Good luck

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

If anglers only want to fish clear water then you're drastically limiting your skills as an angler. Whats the old saying a crappy day fishing is better than a good day at work? Im sure work can be replaced with chores or numerous other activities.

Just a question although now forbidden  :-[ is the water in the river still wet?  ;D
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility was around 1.5 feet at noon at the Crossing when Lew and I looked at it just before noon, raining now. Saw that a total of 5 fish have been weighted in so far this year at Fred's when Lew and I signed up for the Wally Hall Memorial Derby.

chronic_topdawg

Hows next lookin ;D

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

i think the best thing to do if you need to know water conditions is to call freds or visist their face book page.

Floater

• Old Timer

:D
[

azafai

Geez what did people do before the internet? They actually had to get off their a.ss and go find out for themselves. Fair weather fisherman , pfff.

that is past.  now we have internet.  so, why not taking a use of it?

I don't understand!  Asking for or posting the current water condition is not asking for tomorrow's weather or water conditions.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:50:18 PM by azafai »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

maybe if some of these lurkers would contribute. so far 1 post for every 100 views.

joshhowat

This is a joke Chris should go on strike IMO. You lazy fishermen should pay pal him a buck each time you view his information.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

Brian the fisherman

Lol. I was fishing all day today. only encountered 2 other anglers the entire day...

Why complain if there is an obscene amount of room to play out there.
I also had a decent chat with  fisheries officers.

The water was very fishable  all day long and a good day was had for me.

Tight lines to all

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lol. I was fishing all day today. only encountered 2 other anglers the entire day...

Why complain if there is an obscene amount of room to play out there.
I also had a decent chat with  fisheries officers.

The water was very fishable  all day long and a good day was had for me.

Because you won Keno? ;D

rhino

• Old Timer

This is a joke Chris should go on strike IMO. You lazy fishermen should pay pal him a buck each time you view his information.

Chris does many great things other then report water conditions that help many people people,in particular anglers. He should get more credit, I aggree! When I first joined FWR Chris was always helpful and even took me out fishing to show me the right way to do things. I was greatfulf for his help and the work that he does so my wife and I took him to see our beloved Maple Leafs together!

He is a very nice man and the requests may make him feel obligated to do things that were not on his schedule to do.

Merry Christmas Mr.Gadsden! How about another Leaf game with the family hen this ridiculous lock out ends? ;D ;D