Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128979 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

No rain in the afternoon, was Spring like. ;D

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

No rain in the afternoon, was Spring like. ;D

I know I wished I didn't wear my hoody during the hike a t shirt would have been fine lol
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was the rain still holding off? I left the river around noon and it was such a beautiful day considering it was supposed to be pouring all day lol
Heavy rain now.

chronic_topdawg

river was higher not much vis was good 2 feet in the lower, was done bye 8 with 12 lb doe.  Windy

liketofish

• Old Timer

River in perfect shape. Just not many fish around today.

the_tall_man

Sure would love to land one of them steelhead everybody's talkin' about!  six trips, one hooked and lost.  Probably user error :P
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

DRP79

Beautiful day out there yesterday as far as conditions go. As for fish, thats another story. Didnt see or touch a fish at all. Talked to people through the upper, mid and lower river all with the same story, slow day/slow season.

Chehalis_Steel

The guys that ARE getting in to fish seem to be covering lots of water. I'm pretty sure this season is normal and last year's early season was a bit of an exception; usually the run doesn't pick up until mid February, at least from what I've seen.

liketofish

• Old Timer

Water was in prime condition. Yes, fishing was not prime at all, lol, actually quite dead around Lickman this morning, but quite crowded.

vancook

• Old Timer

The guys that ARE getting in to fish seem to be covering lots of water. I'm pretty sure this season is normal and last year's early season was a bit of an exception; usually the run doesn't pick up until mid February, at least from what I've seen.
Covering lots of water is the name of the game. The fish won't come to you.

coho killer

Seen 4 landed in about 20 mins at 730 this am. All wild including the 12 doe I got.

typhoon

• Old Timer

Still low and clear yesterday, though around 3pm the upper river (below the slides) clouded up a little.
Lots of cars at every pullout, as expected.
I was fooled by a couple of Bull Trout in the lower river later in the day including one around 4lbs that was extremely chrome.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lower very fishable today, so far.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

What a lovely afternoon to be on the river with very few anglers in the area I fished. I guess they had all gone home with a fish or there was none around. I believe the latter as I did not have one take. :o

penguinabc123

out for around 5 hours this morning at the mid. No luck for me, one person said he got into two wild at first light. Upper had great visibility, about 1.5-2 feet visibility in the mid-lower section. Water has dropped since my last time out last week, but not significantly.
Still zero for the season, one of these days will be my lucky break!!

-Andrew