Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128973 times)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Have yet to figure out how this fits under river conditions. :-\

Read reply #5

Fred's had another steelhead weighed in today. This season is going to be a steller year for fish and probably a terrible one for crowds  :-[

Chris on your tube for brood stock I've noticed you have a laminated piece of paper attached to it. I was wondering what is written on it.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Dave

• Old Timer

this site does not help with keeping the crowds away..... neither does say another steelhead weighed in at freds

Two fish at Freds on Dec 13 with the quality of local anglers fishing daily ... poor returns of early run fish to date, imo

Brian the fisherman

I can't say the quallity of the run this year, but every good rod I talk to has yet to land a hatch or wild....
Tight lines to all

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions looking good today, fishing very slow by the reports I am getting, snow falling now.

Floater

• Old Timer

Hopping the river stays in good shape for tomorrow. These cured prawns arent gona catch any steel sitting on my kitchen table.  :P
[

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Fished a few different spots but nothing to show except for cold fingers!!!!!!

joska

• Old Timer

was snowing hard when we left at 4. water was a steel green.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:22:15 PM by joska »
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Sterling C

• Old Timer

I can't say the quallity of the run this year, but every good rod I talk to has yet to land a hatch or wild....

Only two fish weighed in at Fred's so far. They're still waiting for the first derby entry.

Pretty slow out there.....
Actions speak louder than words.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Has been too warm .
This colder weather will get them to come in.

Toprod

Basically sounds like an average Dec for the Chedder.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Miserable wet, windy and wet snow today, a good day to hibernate or a trip to Cookies for breakfast with "The Master' for a fishing update.

Drewhill

Very cold, very wet and very low vis from the top alway the down to the crossing. Must have been a slide somewhere. Didn't hear of any fish caught and didn't bother fishing below the crossing because conditions didn't seem to be improving as we went lower. Pretty typical December steelhead day.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Yeah water clarity was horrible, cant see it improving for today. Waste of time in my opinion, fish just cant see when its that bad.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions are OK at noon.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

This post is directed at the last few posts I've removed in this thread in case anyone's confused.

Unlike what some seem to believe, Chris does not have the ability to foresee the future, not that I am aware of anyway. Please stop asking him how the water condition will be on the following day. He does not need to have the pressure to determine whether someone should go fishing or not based on his prediction. If you are free, I'd suggest you go and report back to us what the water condition is.

As we have started doing this fall, all posts on water condition request will be removed. It frustrates people to check the thread for new posts only to find out they are just more requests of people asking for an update.