Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128972 times)

Drewhill

Vis wasn't great and getting worse in the mid and upper when I left. Perhaps a slide, it was looking muddy. Lower wasn't terrible.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Is that what happened? Vis seemed to be getting worse this evening and I left early as the vis became next to nothing.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Is that what happened? Vis seemed to be getting worse this evening and I left early as the vis became next to nothing.
River will be empty of people tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

liketofish

• Old Timer

Water clarity was excellent today, greenish tint and not gin clear. At least 3 to 4 ft visibility. Heard of quite a few fish hooked early and I got into 2 late morning.

younggun

• Old Timer

I heard the exact opposite from multiple people. Great water conditions, with a major lack of fish. Apparently it was a waste land from above the crossing all the way down to Browne rd.
Fish killer 101

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

River was dead, with the exception of one last stronghold
The Bigger The Better!

milo

• Old Timer

River was dead, with the exception of one last stronghold

Yeah, with about 30 people on a 300-foot stretch of water... ::)

Thank you, but not thank you.
I'd rather get skunked in solitude than get tangled with a beak.

SteelheadAdict

my budy got a nice wild buck about 14 pounds in the canal and i hooked a small hen about 7 pounds but lost it in the canal very nice water out there today

Drewhill

Upper was beyond dead. Nothing hooked by anyone, not even a whitefish. Mid was clay and dead. Didn't even bother with the lower as every spot looked packed well before sunrise.

Silex-user

Yeah, with about 30 people on a 300-foot stretch of water... ::)

Thank you, but not thank you.
I'd rather get skunked in solitude than get tangled with a beak.
[/quote

Totally agree ;D I  like to stay away from  the hot spot = big crowds. I rather get tangled with rock......fish or stick .......fish than other fisherman lines. ;D ;D

Silex-user

DRP79

Mid was crawling with people this morning. Water was a bit higher than last weekend and more colored but still looked good, i would say about 1-2 feet of vis. Water seemed to be rising and getting more colored around lunch time. Fishing was very slow and too many people, nice day for a hike with the fishing rod, lol.

Floater

• Old Timer

Mid was crawling with people this morning. Water was a bit higher than last weekend and more colored but still looked good, i would say about 1-2 feet of vis. Water seemed to be rising and getting more colored around lunch time. Fishing was very slow and too many people, nice day for a hike with the fishing rod, lol.
Didnt you know thats all steelhead fishing is hiking with a rod :P
[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water OK this AM on the Lower but raining hard at this time, cool out snow level down a bit, of course could change as the days wears on. A good number of people out.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lower top notch this AM

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

As the river was top notch today as I noted above Lew talked me into going out today for a couple of hours this afternoon. Had not fished for 2 weeks due to the Leaf Mobile on the side lines. Was pleased to land a wild buck after missing it on the first chance. Was past tubing time of 3 PM so that was a bit of a disappointment that I could not provide my second to the hatchery for the year.

Water seemed to color some when we left as I guess a bit of clay fell in up river.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:42:04 PM by chris gadsden »