Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128571 times)

Charts

Only minus 1 today on the river and ideal conditions!! Got rewarded with a beauty wild doe!

liketofish

• Old Timer

Only minus 1 today on the river and ideal conditions!! Got rewarded with a beauty wild doe!

Looks like water condition is ideal after high water. Yet there is no report of successful trip in the Fishing Report section. Is fishing really that bad this year? Will start my fishing trip this weekend. Hope there are more fish in the river.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Looks like water condition is ideal after high water. Yet there is no report of successful trip in the Fishing Report section. Is fishing really that bad this year? Will start my fishing trip this weekend. Hope there are more fish in the river.
Fished hard today but could not find a fish, others did.  :( ???

roseph

I fished twice this weekend and while conditions were as perfect as it gets I didn't see any signs of fish either by getting hooked or rolling.  Others might disagree but to answer your question yes it is extremely slow so far this year (5 trips for me now).

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

I fished twice this weekend and while conditions were as perfect as it gets I didn't see any signs of fish either by getting hooked or rolling.  Others might disagree but to answer your question yes it is extremely slow so far this year (5 trips for me now).

That seems to be reflected in Fred's steelhead derby tally

DRP79

Indeed. Only a third of the amount weighed in compared to this time last year.

joshhowat

Well it's slow but not that bad. My wife and I were out Sunday and both found a few to play with. I will say they must have been cold because they where all vedder slugs. One was pretty big too 14 plus and I reeled it to the bank like a old coho. They sure are chrome bars right now and the weather was awesome just damn cold!!!!!!
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

Burkie

Cold temp sure doesn't help..supposed to warm up by the end of the week..fishing should improve with warmer temp

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River crawling with anglers this AM, like ants on an ant hill, they kept coming in waves. Water nice of course and I was able only to barb one.

DRP79

I saw that the lower river was crawling with people yesterday so i headed up. I was surprised at how much time and space my brother and i had. We hooked 3 fish between us with me landing a nice 12-14lb wild doe. The river was damn near gin clear to start the morning but got some nice color too it by about noon.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

About 12" of visibility at the crossing when i left this afternoon. Tight line

mvelasco

Was out earlier today and hooked two tiny steelies.water wqs getting a tint but due to time constraint I had to bail :(. Hopefully the river will hold up this weekend

penguinabc123

was out today, fished the upper in the morning it was gin clear mostly.  No luck for me or anyone else I spoke with.
I made my way down to the mid for lunch time and there was a bit of color, maybe 1.5ft visibility
still a nice day out on the river, I love hiking around and finding new (at least to me) water to fish
water level seemed fine, maybe a little low. I'm sure the rain will fix that

drh

Water was in prime shape when I left an hour ago,but it was raining pretty hard though,best to check the river gauge in the a.m and roll the dice then!

naka21

• Arie Nakagawa

yeah visibility started to get worse at light light, and raining heavy now. probably a toss up for the morning