Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nothing at the Cap May 22nd:'(  (Read 10515 times)

FishKid

Re:Nothing at the Cap May 22nd:'(
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 10:30:19 PM »

5 hours in one spot is a little too much.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2004, 11:03:54 PM »

Was at the Cap today and had a little success. 2 on in 30 minutes, landed one and let it go. Then went and hooked up with a few friends and not much happening for the rest of the day. By the way, arrived at about 1PM. and hit three holes and stayed till 9:15. The fish just weren't in where we were and I know there are fish in the river it's always just a hit and miss. Good Luck Everyone.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2004, 09:04:34 AM »

That is so true gmanfxp. We've been going to the Cap for the past couple of months and we sure did'nt just go there to fill the freezer. It's all about having special memories and good times to remember for years to come. And if we catch something then that just adds to
it and makes it better. I have had a few members make comments to me in the same manner that they just did too you and it does make me smile. Maybe one day they'll understand. And one last thing before bidding adieu. As the fishing for coho becomes more intense, remember. Once you have your piece of paradise it may be a wise word to say, keep it and stay put, because if you think the fish are fatter on the other side, you may be right. But it could be packed with people by the time you arrive there, Good Fishing All.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2004, 11:32:42 AM »

Believe or not there are fish throughout the river, not just the pool you were fishing. In any pools, runs etc. there is only a small percentage of fish that bite. The fact that you fish that one pool for 5 hours and got nothing indicates to me that either the fish were not in a biting mood or you don't know what you were doing. Explore the river and find new spots ! You can still enjoy the relative wilderness paradise and get some exercise while doing it ! ;D

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2004, 01:00:55 PM »

Very, very true Fish Assassin. Yesterday we went to three top-notch spots with not a whole lot of catching success. Does'nt really mean they're not in there, just that they are not in a biting mood. We did enjoy Capilanos beauty tho and gained loads of excercise and as we are just heading out today, six of us again, and most of us have sore legs from all the hiking yesterday. Hey, no pain no gain >:( ;) ;D

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2004, 04:25:05 PM »

Any fly-guys out there?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 04:26:55 PM by tHe TrOuT sLaYeR »

FishKid

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

it's really frustrating when you know the coho are in the area you're fishing but can't get them.  Even if you throw your whole arsenal at them.  this has happened many times.  For instance,  today I saw nobody catch anything and there were like 10 fishermen out there.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2004, 05:10:02 PM »

Which is what I did today and what I didn't want to do yesterday, I was quite happy staying where I was for 5 hours.  If that somehow offends you suck it up and keep it to yourself.

Doesn't offend me in the least ! If you want to stay in one spot for 5 hours and get skunked, it's your right. I was just offering some advice.

otto

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2004, 06:01:38 PM »

any rappelers in this forum? i found a spot that is full of coho swimming in a holding pattern, but is walled in by sheer cliffs and no trails. i thought it might be fun to rappel down approx 200 feet to the water, tie off the rappel rack and drop an fly line in the water.
landing the fish might be interesting, but hey no crowds, and lotsa fish.

and yes........my idea of fun is getting lost in the wilderness and trying to find my way out. or rappeling the chief on a full moon, with just a glowstick to mark the ground, or night hiking the deeks lake trail back to cypress.   ;D

spawntiludi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2004, 09:11:13 PM »

Well Otto today would have been your day. There were about ten guys swimming the Cap.My dog thought I had planned a swimming party for her.She didn't now whether to join them or retrieve one of them.
  Was my first time fishing the upper Cap.Spent an hour or so checking out the hatchery and scouting out places where I could safely fish with my four legged fishing partner.
  Saw a bunch of guys fishing in different spots,cable pool,dog leg.I saw a couple of guys chucking feathers at dog leg.Saw no fish landed but one guy had one on for a short play date and that always keeps you there for aleast forty or fifty more Last Cast.Myself ,I only had a couple of good strikes but nothing to show for it.
   Next time I'll fish the other side of the river and maybe meet some of the regulars to this location from FWR. Anyway, hound and I had a great outing and hope to return a couple more times in the coming weeks.
By the way ,does anyone know what time the gate opens in the AM.

Thanks and tight lines

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2004, 06:27:48 PM »

Hey guys i am sorry that i havent replyed for a while.
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 07:09:44 PM »

my twin  :o

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2004, 07:40:11 PM »

Wat do you mean my Twin???
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(