Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guess what you don't own: the river.  (Read 3187 times)

mko72

Guess what you don't own: the river.
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »

If you're the only person fishing a run that can accommodate 3 or 4 people, and someone else shows up to fish the same run but first waves and says "Hi, how's it going?" And your response is "You should go somewhere else"  You should go to the store and buy one of those bumper stickers that says "Mean People Suck", stick it on your bathroom mirror and look at it once every morning until your response changes from "Go somewhere else" to "I'm doing fine, thanks."

ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SNAG FISH!!!!

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Guess what you don't own: the river.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »

Sucks dude but i would do what i do in serious rush hour traffic! I smile and wave before i merge in :) The guy can beek all he wants too but unless he can prove he owns it i woukd fih :)

scuntor

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 07:40:32 PM »

Hahh! Thought I was going to see a snagger on snagger punch up today but cooler heads prevailed. And the reel, reel, reel, jerk, reel, reel continued. They had migrated to the upper river.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »

Ha,ha look at it this way at least you know one guy in the run you don't have to be nice to.

noobfisher

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »

would you expect anything less from someone who snags?  No ethics, chances are he has no manners either.  How is it fun to toss your line and just spend all day ripping your line to snag fish, it's disgusting.

Electroman

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »

That's a brutal response from someone.
I pulled a guy out of a snow filled ditch beside a river in Squamish last year. About 5 hours later on my way out my truck broke down. Long ways from no where. Half hour later who shows up but the guy I yanked out of the ditch earlier. He drove me out until I got cell reception and then offered to drive me all the way home.
If I decided to flip him the bird and drive by instead of be nice, I would have one heck of a walk out that night.
Some people just lack manners.

scuntor

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »

The one I saw started with a guy standing in someones back swing. Wrong thing to do. But, rather than say, "oops you are standing right in my cast and I don't want to hook you" the guy started ripping into him which started a conflict. Both guys were in the wrong here. And they were ripping a nice little pool that had produced some fish before!!

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »

unless he can prove he owns it i woukd fih :)

He was basically saying, "don't waste your time, I've spooked all the fishies" so I'da moved on.

Seems like a nice guy.

;D ;D

A rig out of water catches no fish.