Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ruskin dam  (Read 3542 times)

fishgutz63

ruskin dam
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »

was down by the toilet bowl fishing ,i couldnt beleive the garbage left behind by folks sure was a sad site  >:(.i wish hydro would have not removed  the garbage cans ,but its still no excuse for folks to litter so just a reminder guys please pack ur garbage out.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: ruskin dam
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »

It's going to get the whole area shut down pretty soon as usual. :'(
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »

Start a Stave River cleanup like what Chilliwack River groups have done. Work with BC Hydro and City of Mission, and you will ensure continuous access for anglers.

fishgutz63

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »

i will be calling hydro to see if they can put them garbage cans back  . :(

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »

The conditions left by people fishing the Stave is disgusting. I usually try and pick up a bit as I leave. Someone ripped some of the no parking signs out on the side streets and threw them over the bank. It's too bad that a lot of people don't realize/care about respecting the river and surrounding areas. The city of Mission was on the West side taking photographs of the people parking on the grass in the park and of the signs ripped out. They were pretty disgusted by the conditions. They said they had some ideas to help solve some of the parking issues for next year. The only reason they haven't been towing people parking by the hydrants is because of the lack of parking, so if that is solved, enforcement next year will be very strict as it should be. I can't blame the residents for being mad with the way people treat the area