Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

A Two Day Fly Fishing Trip With An Expert, May 18 to 19

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rodney:

What's with the sun glasses? Are you trying to look younger? ;D Nice fish!

chris gadsden:

--- Quote from: Max on May 21, 2004, 12:42:11 AM ---Beautiful trout Chris.  

Is that a Canucks Orca cap you wearing? ;D

--- End quote ---
Ouch.+- ;D ;D ;D

It actually is a orignal Fraser Valley Salmon Society hat that is 20 years old. Brought me better luck than the blue and white but of course two of them are on the Leaf Craft and should get us a spring tomorrow if the river conditions hold overnight, 3 and a half hours to daylight.  ;D ;D

Will head to Maple Leaf bar at 7. ;D ;D

Terry Bodman:
Jeez....first you swipe all my golf balls and then you get into flyfishing...a sport reserved for the true fishermen only...like me... ;D

Good to see you had a great time. Talked to Nick yesterday and he said you did "O.K." for a rank amateur. Your next experience should be casting a 15 ft tapered leader with a strike indicator into the wind. When you've mastered that, you are awarded the flyfishers crest.

chris gadsden:
. Will head to Maple Leaf bar at 7. ;D ;D

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

8) 8)

Awaiting your report

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---
Got in late last nignt will work on report shortly.

Buckeye:
Thanx for the great report Chris!
Beautifull writing once again, makes me feel like I was there :)

I did a little flyfishing myself for the first time last weekend up around 100 Mile House. I fished a little lake called Higgins, lots of small trout up to 13 inches. What a hoot! I fished for 3 hours, landed 7 and missed probably around 50. I guess it doesn't help when you go to check your leader and find your chironomid stuck to the bottom of your strike indicator  :-\
I guess I'm just a n00b   ;D ;D

This flyfishing could get addicting though, and I'm thinking of picking up a half decent rod today. Then I will have to try to talk Nick into taking me to one of his nice spots  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version