Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Capilano on May 19 th

<< < (2/2)

FishKid:
I'll be at the capilano this weekend.  If we get a some rain from now until the weekend it would be great.

More and more coho's are starting to arrive. By june the coho fishing on the cap should improve a lot.  Right now you have to find the coho's or you could just wait for a the fish to come to you.  But I prefer searching for them instead of staying in one spot and waiting for the fish to come to you.  Also it's good excercise. The reason why you should search for these early coho's in May is because the coho's aren't throughout the whole river yet.  But by june-mid june these fish should be spread throughtout the whole river system.

FishKid:
thanks for the report gumboots.  And goodluck on your next trip to the capilano.

~IvAn~:
Just stay at one place at high tide and wait......

FishKid:
yeah,  you could do that but I rather not.  I usually go to doctors pool and then up to the cable and dogleg, then back down to dogleg, back up etc.

Obi Wan:
Fisherman,

Sure you can flyfish - Not Floss. But you have to wait till the water's a bit lower. Mid July on.

It's one of the best places to flyfish. Next best to dryfly. Imagine, Water is gin clear & a coho's chasing the fly out of nowhere & slamming it just inches under the surface - for all the world to see. Then a series of leaps & jumps. Don't get much better then that.

I've actually had Cohos stalk my fly.

Seem one slowly miandering by my fly just under the water, uninterested. Then with one quick pull, got this 4 lb beauty to turn it's head & smack the fly.

Ohhhhhh, Baby.... I can't wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version