Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Tidal Fraser River fall salmon and trout fishery updates  (Read 15534 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2012 Tidal Fraser River fall salmon and trout fishery updates
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »

Coho rarely surface in the tidal portion. The lack of fish surfacing (chum salmon) could be due to this week's commercial openings.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »

Lots of jacks this year down there. Actually, lots of jacks any year... What I find is that there is always a brief window during the incoming tide, maybe 10 minutes, maybe 20 minutes, a school of jacks will swim through and they will be all over your bait. For me, that period seems to be around 2 to 3 hours before the tide peaks. Did you see any adults caught? And what was the water clarity?

You need 2,000 posts to gain access to the fishing reports. No sorry, I meant 50.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »

Some bad news for us weekend warriors. Drove over the Golden Ears Bridge today. Saw a GAUNTLET of commercial boats out for chum today. Looked both ways from the bridge and must have seen 20 boats!!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »

Darn, I new I shouldnt have taken a day off from fishing today lol
thanks for the heads up.
Maybe the jacks will still get through the nets, they have been fun this year too on the float haha
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:24:13 PM by leadbelly »

aaron.az

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 07:05:53 PM »

Throwing new spinners and some 1/4oz spoons past the Brownsville bar. not a bite in 4 hours ..maybe i didnt make those spinners too well :p tell you this much, rocks and sticks LOVE THEM. caught 3 of those today..its like they dont even move and then before u know it..they snapped you off and there goes your spinner. better a few $2 custom made ones than $6 ones from the store tell ya that much. Saw two 4-5lb hatchery coho come out of brownsville.  woulda brought my bar fishing gear but you get some crazy looks with ur 2 peice 7ft rod in ur bag. dont even wanna know what a rodholder,10ft rod and some smelly roe would yield. Leadbelly your beaut picture makes me jealous! either i have terrible luck on rivers cause no matter where i am or what im using it aint working so well.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

Alot of people at Brownsville ?

1son

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »

Some bad news for us weekend warriors. Drove over the Golden Ears Bridge today. Saw a GAUNTLET of commercial boats out for chum today. Looked both ways from the bridge and must have seen 20 boats!!!!
Yup got that right I seen the same thing on my way home from work  ???

aaron.az

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »

8-12 people at brownsville for low tide thru for about 3 hours after.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »

I think this chum opening affected the chum salmon at the Stave Saturday.  I couldn't find too many of them willing to bite compared to previous outings.  Lots of older chum hugging the edges being hooked by people though.  Of course these older fish aren't actually biting anything for the most part.   Couldn't they open it on a Monday or Tuesday :(