Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing in Washington State  (Read 1580 times)

pwn50m3 f15h3r

• What a great fish...
Fishing in Washington State
« on: October 16, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

I have found read on the internet that some lakes and rivers in Washington are pretty good(like nooksack river and lake terrell). Anyone fish there? Is fishing really good there?
Someone was here

CohoMan

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing in Washington State
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »

I am not sure but if it is good down there, they will not be up here fishing at this time of the year.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »

It can be excellent fishing down there as there are nowhere near the kinds of crowds you would get on the Vedder unless you choose to hit the gong show spots.  I've never fished the  Nooksack myself but hit a lot of other "S" rivers down there as well as the Olympic Peninsula.
President Club S. C. & P.

fishman254

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »

Nooksack is not great, generally. It does have a real real early run of pinks, that has only opened like once in the last few decades, if I remember correctly. Skunk was the last Nooksack report I heard of. Glacial runoff causes low water vis, and first nations nets keep the fish numbers down. But check it out if you'd like to expand your horizons. I myself drive over it and don't yearn to stop and fish it.

Terrell is decent for big bass, and zillions of sunfish for the kids. Some triploid rainbows too, earlier in the year. We hook about 200 trout per weekend for our boat on Lake Padden opening week, but then it's much much slower thereafter.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:13:00 PM by fishman254 »