Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

St. Mary's Lake

<< < (5/5)

GoldHammeredCroc:
3rd week of June is usually the hottest time for sure!!  I went with my girlfriend for a quick getaway last tues/wed and had great weather.  Stayed at Lakeside in Cabana #8 (The best for afternoon and evening sun by far) and we managed to only land two bass over the two days.  We had a fair amount of topwater strikes but nothing stuck.  Even my massive supply of powerworms couldn't entice them  :-\.  I usually go in June and have had easy 50+ bass days both on topwater (early morning is incredible) and throughout the day.  Fly-fishing is pretty mint as well with rolled muddlers and anything obnoxious.  

One fish was on a small 3" pumpkinseed powergrub and the other, a real beauty, came on a orange/white J-7 Rapala.  You can't beat this floating plug! ;D  Fisheries also recently stocked the lake with smolt sized trout as well so you can have a laugh watching these guys nailing the hatching insects.

FYI, Mark has 4 new Cabanas at the resort to bring the total to 10 I think.  Four of the campsites were built on over the winter and these are nice and new buildings with covered decks and water right at the cooking stations.  Enjoy this fantastic fishery.  

otto:
re:  "Thanks, I stole a javascript tool that did the slide show with fixed filenames, and wrote some code to fill it dynamically, so I can just throw pics into a directory, and with a config file, she's up and going"

Dragonspeed are you running LINUX perchance??

DragonSpeed:
It's on an IIS 5.0 server with ASP.NET code.

Rodney:
See? Third week of June... FWR St Mary's trip.... June 25th - 27th... ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version