Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local Lake fishing this time of year  (Read 2992 times)

Mkulak

Local Lake fishing this time of year
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »

Hi,

I've done lots of fishing this year in the salt at Ambleside or my local favourite lake Alouette in Maple Ridge.   I'm not ready to quit for the season and I'm looking for some place to go with my 15 ft inflatable and 2 downriggers to do a little trolling.

I tried Alouette in late September and it was not very productive so am reluctant to go now.   I'm still new to BC and this is my first year fishing here.

Any help would be great....   Thanks!

clarkii

• Old Timer
Re: Local Lake fishing this time of year
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:39:24 PM »

Try going to Mill lake in Abbotsford, Lafarge in Coquitlam and Como which is also in Coquitlam.  They are boat friendly and FFSBC did some fall stocking last week.

good luck!

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:29:35 AM »

Funny thing with Mill Lake - if you play your trout too long, they become the bait for other species. Mill Lake is pretty shallow except for one 40' deep hole. Your down riggers won't be of much use there unless you use them as anchors lines.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:32:57 AM by Rieber »

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:22:37 AM »

Oops missed the word downriggers....

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »

Try Chilliwack Lake. Lots of dollies in there. Haven't really trolled it, but spoon fished off shore with ok success (also know lots of people that toss roe off deep ledges and do well).

I'd run spoons or plugs down deep. Adding a dummy flasher or something like that may help draw some attention too. I know lots of people target the far end of the lake in boats where the upper chilliwack dumps in.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 08:30:10 AM »

Try going to Mill lake in Abbotsford, Lafarge in Coquitlam and Como which is also in Coquitlam.  They are boat friendly and FFSBC did some fall stocking last week.

good luck!

Como Lake I'd be careful of the last time I fished it was when I was just a wee squirt, and there was a age restriction to go on that lake. I don't know if thats changed recently?
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »

Como Lake..there was a age restriction to go on that lake. I don't know if thats changed recently?
It has been removed. Gotta say a 15 foot inflatable would stick out like a sore thumb. Doubt you can use a power boat there. 
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

poper

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »

Stave is great for bulls,cuties, and dollies, you just need to drive your boat out the main part of the lake,waters up a bit right now and is easy to boat out to the main stem,  Lyman's have worked great for me in there.