Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fly selection on the vedder  (Read 4634 times)

kalex60

Fly selection on the vedder
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

Wondering what kind of flys other people will chuck in the vedder when the whites roll in I was thinking a bright green and black intruder

mcallagan

Re: Fly selection on the vedder
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »

BIG  :o weighted red and orange BUNNY LEECHES  ;)

spoiler

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »

size 6 or 8 sparsley tied muddler minnows. they work for white springs, jacks & Coho

ray

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »

Is their a certain color muddler that works better.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »

i find that natural and olive are my better producers however i have had days where chartruese is best, or purple, blue, pink, black and even orange

best to make sure you have a couple of every colour on hand just incase  ;)

I have an entire fly box just for muddlers, it contains around 20 naturals, 20 olive, ;) and then a dozen or half dozen of other colours depending on which ones have produced better over the years.

another tip - tie natural ones with a silver body/silver beadhead and olive ones with gold body/beadhead. the other colours are tied with their own various combinations as well but a silver body/bead is a good starting point
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

mikeH

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:38:59 PM »

Hey guys was wondering what are good coho flies I have olive muddlers with gold bead head,grey muddlers without beads,olive and black leeches with gold bead.few others I forget the names :o. One thats a mickey something...Silver body yellow and red hair.also silver body with blue and grey.another one pink body tied with brown feathers.I need to label these damn flies and separate them from my other flies.any info would be awesome cant wait to get my line wet!

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »

Hey guys was wondering what are good coho flies I have olive muddlers with gold bead head,grey muddlers without beads,olive and black leeches with gold bead.few others I forget the names :o. One thats a mickey something...Silver body yellow and red hair.also silver body with blue and grey.another one pink body tied with brown feathers.I need to label these damn flies and separate them from my other flies.any info would be awesome cant wait to get my line wet!

Could you post a picture of the flies?  The Yellow and red is indeed a Mickey Finn and can be deadly for the Cutties when the coho are tight lipped. The silver and blue is probably a Coho Blue, although it is usually blue and green rather than grey.  The pink one could just be a pink Carrey or Krill fly.  Try also a Christmas tree, fall favorite, and professor.
Not all those who wander are lost

Carich980

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 11:42:56 PM »

BIG  :o weighted red and orange BUNNY LEECHES  ;)

X2 Bunny leeches work awesome for Coho/chums as well. I've had best luck with Blue/silver/black combo for Coho & Pink/purple combo for Chums. I will give Red & orange a try.

adecadelost

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »

What you have are all great for catching coho.

Speychucker

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »

TMC 9394 #10  8)