Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hicks Lake Loch-Style Fly Fishing Competition – Sunday, August 26th, 2012  (Read 4462 times)

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Hicks Lake Loch-Style Fly Fishing Competition – Sunday, August 26th, 2012
Harrison, British Columbia

Schedule of Events:
Boats go in the water around 8:00am
Session 1: 9:00am to 12:00pm
Session 2: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
12:00pm - 1:00pm The Youth Team members will be serving a hot dog and burger lunch, as a part of their fundraising projects, so please bring along some cash to help support their cause.

Details:
1.   Max # of Entrants: 40
2.   FIPS-Mouche Rules
3.   Entry Fees/Payouts: None
4.   Eligible fish species: Rainbow and Cutthroat trout, Kokanee and Dolly Varden.
5.   Minimum length for scoring points: 20cm.
6.   Number of sessions: 2 Sessions.
7.   Time Period for each session: 3 hours.
8.   Number of competitors per Team: 2 competitors (Individual Competitors will be paired up).
9.   No-Fish-Period: comp water no-fish policy is in affect as of 8:00am Monday, th, 2012.
10. The use of electric motors is permitted for moving about the lake (trolling is not permitted).
11. Flies must be out of the water when the boat is under power (rowing or motoring).

This competition, as well as the rest of the Summer Series, will allow participants a unique opportunity to participate in a series of friendly-spirited competitions, and to gain some additional competition experience - through the sharing of our collective knowledge and supporting each other.

Please mark this event on your calendar and respond here or email me at: toishis@uniserve.com to confirm that you're able to attend. I really want to encourage newcomers and fly fishers of all skill levels to come out and see what it's all about.

Please keep in mind that it costs absolutely nothing to enter, so you've got absolutely nothing to lose...

List of participants (please post on this thread if you wish to register or email Todd at: toishis@uniserve.com):
1.   Todd Oishi   - confirmed √
2.   Chris Puchniak   - confirmed √
3.   Mike Oishi   - confirmed √
4.   Vance Whitley   - confirmed √
5.   Kevin Cucheron   - confirmed √
6.   Rob Ramsay   - confirmed √
7.   Devin Ramsay   - confirmed √
8.   Greg Simpson   - confirmed √
9.   Dayne Simpson   - confirmed √
10. Rick Clark   - confirmed √
11. Martin Payne   - confirmed √
12. Dan Baraniuk   - confirmed √
13. Steven Lowns – confirmed √
14. Ron Corby   - confirmed √
15. Chris Barnes – confirmed √
16. Ben Lockwood – yes, but has to confirm with his work schedule
17. Erik Barker – yes, but has to confirm with his work schedule
18. Richard Choi  ??
19. Jeff Choi  ??
19. Randy Paskall (Floon)   ??
20. Deb (Chixwithstix)   ??

?? = Please confirm that you're able or unable to attend this event.

Here's a group photo of the competitors and volunteers that attended our last competition on Buntzen Lake on July 15th:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:34:29 PM by Tyson »
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Updated list of participants:

18. Richard Choi  ??
19. Jeff Choi  ??

Please post on this thread if you wish to register for this event or to confirm that you'll be attending or email Todd at: toishis@uniserve.com

I often hear people at various fly tying nights, Tradex shows and other meetings and events say: "We should really try to get together and go fishing sometime." Well this is your chance....

It'd be great to see new faces coming out to enjoy a fun day on the water. Just remember that there's absolutely no pressure to perform (there's only as much as you put on yourself) and a great time is had by all that attend! I hope to see you there!! :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:35:37 PM by Tyson »

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Only one week before the Hicks Lake Fly Fishing Competition (Sunday August 26th), and the fishing reports that I've heard and weather forecast sound very promising for this event!

The weather this week should be much cooler than last week (low 20's and cloudy) while Sunday calls for sunshine; light winds; and an air temperature of 20°C, which should create an absolutely ideal situation and conditions for the competition and barbeque.

I hope to see a few more new faces (and some old ones) signing up and coming out to join in on a fun day - both on and off the water. Please respond here if you're coming or email me at: toishis@uniserve.com

Cheers,
Todd

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Updated list of participants:
18. Richard Choi  ??
19. Jeff Choi  ??

There's still plenty of space for more participants, so don't hesitate to sign up and join in on the fun!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:36:03 PM by Tyson »

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

It's now 2 days before the Hicks Lake Fly Fishing Competition (Sunday, August 26th), and there's still room for a few more participants that want to join us for the day on the water. We also need a few boat owners that are willing to take on a passenger/competitor for this event. No prior competitive angling experience is necessary, and I have all the necessary gear to equip your boat for this event.

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Here are some photos that I took of the venue, competition and lunch break / barbeque fundraiser for the local Youth Team Members. If you've never been to Hicks Lake before (10 minutes from Harrison Hot Springs), you simply must pay it a visit some time, as it's truly a beautiful lake for swimming and is very well suited for fly fishing and other methods of angling...

It was an extremely tough day of fishing, but it was nice to see that everyone had such a great time on and off the water! Thanks to all the sponsors and participants that came out and supoorted this event and helped with the fundraising for the Canadian Youth Team Members!

I hope to see all of you and a few new faces at the 5th and final competition of the 2012 Summer Series, which will be held at Mill Lake on Sunday October 14, 2012. Here's a link to the Mill Lake competition:
 http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum/index.php?topic=492.msg2888#msg2888

Cheers,
Todd
:)