Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Day trip to squamish area, tips?  (Read 7704 times)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Re: Day trip to squamish area, tips?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 12:37:27 PM »

Well lets get out there and fish then ! Lol

Go get 'em tiger!  ;D

FWIW, if you're up in the Squamish-Whistler area again check out Starvation Lake, Green Lake, and/or Alta Lake. Please note Alta is catch and release only. Check your synopsis for the regs on the other lakes, in case they vary from the regionals.
A rig out of water catches no fish.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »

Except this is a bit of a double edged sword. You say use the search function, and then get a ton of threads labeled "X System" and replies saying "use the search function"

Im not saying the info isnt there, but if you dont have any to add, then youre only adding to the less that is available, and the more "use the search function" posts.

The best part is when googling a system, or hell, a computer problem, google gives me threads which have the problem as their titles, and then a bunch of people saying "try google!" That really helped anyone.

Well Dan when I was a youngun back in the 60s and 70s there was no internet, and what we used was word of mouth, grabbed a BC Outdoors and did some explorin...yes we did explore, so it kinda pisses us oldtimers off when all the newbies start askin where can I fish how do I fish whats the best bait to use, we never had that advantage, so yup when some newb poses a question like that I give the standard google is your friend reply. I mean come on,  get out there and explore, or do ya want us to catch em for ya too.... ;D ;D ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »

grabbed a BC Outdoors and did some explorin

I have an older one with "Lower Mainland Spotlight" section.  As great as the information from the internet is, that section is a pretty good bible of the area to this day. 

zabber

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »

or do ya want us to catch em for ya too.... ;D ;D ;D

well, not catch, but could you bait my hook for me ??  :D :D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:31 PM »

well, not catch, but could you bait my hook for me ??  :D :D

Come on Zabber, when's the last time you used any bait ?  ;D

zabber

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »

Last weekend; chinook fishing with roe at a creek mouth south of Hope ;) I don't just bounce betties ;D ;D

Going again tomorrow; could use a bait boy/ride-share  :D :D

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »

Well Dan when I was a youngun back in the 60s and 70s there was no internet, and what we used was word of mouth, grabbed a BC Outdoors and did some explorin...yes we did explore, so it kinda pisses us oldtimers off when all the newbies start askin where can I fish how do I fish whats the best bait to use, we never had that advantage, so yup when some newb poses a question like that I give the standard google is your friend reply. I mean come on,  get out there and explore, or do ya want us to catch em for ya too.... ;D ;D ;D

That doesnt have anything to do with being counter productive to the entire idea of information sharing. If you dont want to share information, I respect that. But that doesnt mean you need to add to the useless crap that is already out there.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Dogbreath

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 09:46:36 PM »

In just a few days the Cheakamus dropped/cleared to the point where there's hardly any water in it at all-I suspect it has something to do with the Daisy Lake dam.

I drive that road 3-4 times a week but rarely have time to fish-or post here for that matter.