Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have a Dream  (Read 7376 times)

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
Re: I have a Dream
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 11:42:37 PM »

I'm all for eliminating evasive species in BC. If these were bass, perch or other spiny ray species causing havoc then you wouldn't even have to pay me :D unfortunately though, pike minnow are native. As others have said, the elminition of these fish could do damage to the ecosystem and don't deserve this kind of treatment. Also we are not the states, they always go to extremes, I for one am happy with our wild stocks and minimizing making many of our salmoniods hatchery raised fish. I don't really like the idea just based on the fact the states have put this in place. I never want to mimick the US in anyway except for maybe funding :)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

jon5hill

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »

We do not need a bounty on Squawfish in BC, they and the salmon and trout have co-existed long before stupid humans arrived here. We need a human cull, the other species on earth would appreciate it.

So good

Copper Koski

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »

Seems like the sturgon feed quite alot on NPM in the spring/early summer. With the oolies basicly wiped out, I would be worried about losing another food source for them.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »

We do not need a bounty on Squawfish in BC, they and the salmon and trout have co-existed long before stupid humans arrived here. We need a human cull, the other species on earth would appreciate it.

:D The other species on earth would appreciate it.  :D

norton

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »

Hey Spey caster , you probably fish by yourself , hey?

bederko

• Fish ethically, always....
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 10:44:54 AM »

I totally agree with speycaster. NPM are a natural predator here and belong here. It is rather arrogant of humans to believe that we know better than millions of years of evolution
A river is never quite silent; it can never, of its very nature, be quite still; it is never quite the same from one day to the next. It has its own life and its own beauty, and the creatures it nourishes are alive and beautiful also. Perhaps fishing is only an excuse to be near rivers. - Haig-Brown

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »

I totally agree with speycaster. NPM are a natural predator here and belong here. It is rather arrogant of humans to believe that we know better than millions of years of evolution
I think we should ask God that question but later. ::) ;D ;D