Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can you help me ?  (Read 1195 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Can you help me ?
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:20:05 PM »

My Dad arrives in 8 days.  I want to take him fishing.  I live in North Van.  My thoughts were since it's his first trip out here to fish the Fraser we could try some bar fishing (which I have never done) and/or if there is an opening for sockeye try some sockeye fishing so he can see what it's all about, and Sturgeon fishing...which I have enough confidence in.  We will probably try fishing off the mouth of the Cap, but my boat does not have down riggers, so trolling spoons and hoochies would probably be the ticket. 

We were thinking of camping up near chilliwack on the river, or a cabin on the river, but I can't seem to find a cabin under 2000 sq. feet, ($$$).  So camping on a bar will be our best bet.  I'd like to bar fish for springs, while camping, and go off and catch sturgeon in the boat.  This would be the best.  Any ideas???  I am familiar with the area from Hwy 9 bridge to just above the Harrison on the Fraser. I love to fish, and I just want to catch some nice ones with my Dad.
Thanks for any advice. 

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Can you help me ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »

http://www.fraservalley.worldweb.com/HarrisonMills/Lodging/Campgrounds/

others listed on there as well as well as motels

http://www.fraservalley.worldweb.com/Lodging/Campgrounds/

also seeing your in n van the cap is a good bet in a boat
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rantalot

• Old Timer