Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing lake?  (Read 1825 times)

Sandra

Fishing lake?
« on: August 05, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »

Hello,   
Wondering if anyone could recommend a good lake to head to for tomorrow and the next day, looking to fish and actually catch something!  Somewhere in fraser valley or within an hour or two east of?  Our boat has a 30horse so that cuts out a few small lakes.  Need to catch some fish already!  Thanks.

FishingKing

Re: Fishing lake?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »

Rolley lake and Mike lake. No power boats allowed on those two lakes tho. or you can try trolling for kokanee and rainbows on Allouette lake.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »

I would head up to Jones Lake just south of Hope or even Ross lake which is in the Skagit Valley just south of Hope as well. Those two are probably your best bets with how hot the weather is and also within 2 hours of Vancouver.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »

We are really interested in trying out Ross lake soon, just unsure about obtaining the U.S. licenses. Sounds like we can get a day pass from the lodge there but haven't gotten ahold of them yet to find out for sure.  Sounds like there's some decent trout in Ross these days.  Maybe well try out jones until then.  Thanks alot!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:10 AM »

I was going to suggest the same two lakes that BB just did. I have heard there is border markers on Ross lake so as long as you dont cross them your canadian license is just fine. You could also get out of the boat and enjoy some C&R trout fishing along the Skagit river if you so feel  ;D

Jones lake is listed as rough road in my mapbook however i know friends that have gotten cars in there as long as you take the bad spots slow, if you have a truck or Suv then there is no worry. Be careful about the shoreline with summer draw down i have been told it gets mucky and vehicles can get stuck out there  ;)

HOOK - has been to Ross lake but never to Jones cause little cutties dont interest me when the lake is surrounded by partying morons
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

camtheman

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »

I was just at jones saturday for the morning with a 2wd ranger
if you take it easy anything will make it