Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never Fish Alone in BC  (Read 17627 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: Never Fish Alone in BC
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »

Is "Pouching" a new angling catchphrase...lol

So what your saying is poaching is not a crime??
Take the T out of Morton.

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »

i believe he is saying that while poaching is a crime, the coward men in the truck had no right to act in the manor they did.
Do people have zero dignity or self respect anymore?

This discussion is going beyond the point implied. imo it should be closed to posts.
Too many people glazing over a point...
Tight lines to all

azafai

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »

Is "Pouching" a new angling catchphrase...lol

So what your saying is poaching is not a crime??

what do you think?

is that "poaching" justifying what those champions did?

do you know why for "poaching" there is a ticket while for a crime like that they should go behind the bars?

who give them the rights to take law in their hands?  who to f... they think they are?

do you at all understand the difference here?  why there are different terms used for violation and for crime?

Fillibert

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »

Did any of you ever have that feeling though when u tell someone something over and over and they don't learn or listen, so u feel like punching the person. Could be your own kid even. I know I do. Only most of us have that little voice inside that tells us it's not a good idea. Like Jim Carey once put it - uh uh uh... turning your car into incoming traffic is counterproductive... Those guys just lack that inside voice. It's called a conscience.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »

The elderly Asian man fishing in a closed area is beside the point of this thread.

Maybe not to the thread but to the incident it is important. Asking people to ignore the fact is frankly, dishonest and not ethical. We can neither condone the infraction of the fishing regulations or the assault. This is not a situation of choosing between the lesser of two evils. If the location was properly posted and the victim and witnesses both knew and obeyed the fishing regulations the conflict would have been far less likely to have occurred.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »

Maybe not to the thread but to the incident it is important. Asking people to ignore the fact is frankly, dishonest and not ethical. We can neither condone the infraction of the fishing regulations or the assault. This is not a situation of choosing between the lesser of two evils. If the location was properly posted and the victim and witnesses both knew and obeyed the fishing regulations the conflict would have been far less likely to have occurred.

I agree. That's not what I was trying to say, could have just worded wrong. I'm not attempting to downplay the significance of fishing regulation infractions.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

I have not read in anyone's posts that try to downplay the illegal fishing part of the events. They are separate, the first, illegal angling and the second , assult ,property damage and possibly hate crime. Separate the two events; the first party is wrong in doing what they are doing, the reasons, matter not. The second party is also wrong to do what they did , the reasons matter not.

Each should pay their dues to the legal fiddler.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:10:58 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!