Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never Fish Alone in BC  (Read 17624 times)

Sandy

• Old Timer
Re: Never Fish Alone in BC
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 05:03:28 PM »

seem to hear that water was the liquid thrown. Was it? how do we know? as for the victim/s not pressing charges, I'm told if racial slurs were thrown the offenders can be charged under hate crimes anyway.

Also heard some names being thrown around in public today, I'd be carefull, in case the wrong person gets what someone else should get, however I have no problem with a bully being bullied.

Perhaps said bully should openly apologise and pay damages to the victims, at least admit your, oops his/their mistake and  save some face amongst the comunity.

As for the issue of illegal fishing, Brian's approach is the same as mine, and if the offenders appear to understand but continue, RAPP em. I think we have all at least once contravened the regs, unknowingly.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:05:04 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

Just a thought/question ... if anything were to come of this incident AND the old man was indeed fishing in a closed area... shouldn't the old man also be fined for fishing in a closed area...

Shmoke Shaman

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:30 PM »

Regardless if they individual was fishing in a closed location, NOBODY should ever be treated that way.
Cannot believe that happened.... I am very extremely angry.

Zackattack

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »

It's also very sad to see all the comments on youtube saying the old man "should have known better" or that the youtube poster "is just trying to publicly shame" the bullies.
It's the DFO/RCMPs job to do the policing, not 2 dudes in a truck.
Of course, there may be more to the story than what we know, but at the end of the day that guy shouldn't be getting verbally or physically abused by anyone.
Just sad to see so many youtube comments saying the old dude deserved it...
Glad the license plate was recorded.

fossil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »

OK, anyone can give me an official evidence about this pond is closed for fishing? I searched internet, couldn't find any regulation. I also went there in person today, couldn't find any sign. 

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:24 PM »

What is in the pond anyways?

fishyfish

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 11:55:20 PM »

One last note Pirate. Not accusing just saying if you or someone you know is ripping the pinchers off of crabs be warned. Although you think this is legal it is not and you can be prosecuted when caught. Be watching for you at tsawwassen. There are eyes EVERYWHERE. ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »

Here is a map of Scott-Hoy Creek Watershed, which is closed to fishing as listed in the freshwater fishing regulation synopsis. The location of the incident in the video is at the north end of Eagle Mountain Drive, east of the Meridian Substation, which is the head of Scott Creek.

The elderly Asian man fishing in a closed area is beside the point of this thread. The appropriate action would have been to inform him to leave and phone the RAPP line if he did not. Somehow I doubt the same approach (or any approach) would have been taken if a 250lb white male was fishing there instead.

Suggesting that the elder in his 60s, someone's father, grandfather, deserved to be harassed or assaulted is pretty pathetic. If you mean it, you need to get your head checked. If you don't and only wanted to get a reaction, then you gotta start getting off the net and interact with people in real life. The troll we banned yesterday had the audacity to even suggest that here and the YouTube video when he actually fully knows the law because he works in this field. Pathetic.

fossil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 12:15:11 AM »

Thanks Rodney.

Here is a map of Scott-Hoy Creek Watershed, which is closed to fishing as listed in the freshwater fishing regulation synopsis. The location of the incident in the video is at the north end of Eagle Mountain Drive, east of the Meridian Substation, which is the head of Scott Creek.

The old man fishing in a closed area is beside the point of this thread. The appropriate action would have been to inform him to leave and phone the RAPP line if he did not. Suggesting that the elder man in his 60s, someone's father, grandfather, deserved to be harassed or assaulted is pretty pathetic. If you mean it, you need to get your head checked. If you don't and only wanted to get a reaction, then you gotta start getting off the net and interact with people in real life. The troll we banned yesterday had the audacity to even suggest that here and the YouTube video when he actually fully knows the law because he works in this field. Pathetic.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 01:48:34 AM »

if the old man committed an offense then let him face the consequence of the law, but in turn let the two hoodlums face equal consequence of their actions and then let's see who committed the bigger crime....to down play witness testimony without asking for an investigation and even justifying the actions that may have occurred is truly disturbing.

it's amazing how a thread like this can show one's true colours.

So far that video on you tube has had over 1000 hits already...if it's rough justice these guys are looking for then Karma might just come calling... i'm sure more than a few angry people who felt "two against an elderly man" will and have taken note:

Blue Chevy Extended Cab 2500 HD 4x4 (most probably a 2003 model) with canopy

LICENCE PLATE:   DA 5658

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:54:59 AM by blaydRnr »

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »

The elderly Asian man fishing in a closed area is beside the point of this thread. The appropriate action would have been to inform him to leave and phone the RAPP line if he did not. Somehow I doubt the same approach (or any approach) would have been taken if a 250lb white male was fishing there instead.

It is so true, racism does exist even with this day and age . I would hand the video to the police , if i was the old man, i would lay charges....Those 2 guys has no right to do such a disgraceful act . This is nothing to do with fishing , just a hate crime. Admit it boys....

azafai

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »

Regardless if they individual was fishing in a closed location, NOBODY should ever be treated that way.
Cannot believe that happened.... I am very extremely angry.

X2, very well said.

speycaster

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »

I wish that you would stop using the phrase " old man" that is an agist remark and is not allowed under the Canadian Bill of rights. Age discrimination is illegal in this country, as is racism, sexism and other isms. ;D ;D  Besides it is best to stay on the good side of us of advanced years as we are mostly incapable of running down four legged game so cannibalism is easier. ::) See another of those isms.  ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »

So your saying if they break the regs by fishing in a closed area, chow down on them?  :o

What I find strange is the guy taking the pictures has what looks like a rod with a bobber on it? Then the two clowns blowing a ratch when they should have called it in or maybe take some pictures of their own. That's plain bullyism. What better way of busting someone not follwing the regs or bullying than getting some video.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:53:59 PM by troutbreath »
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

mojo7

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 04:33:40 AM »

The subject line should be changed to...

NEVER FISH (alone in) CLOSED TO FISHING WATERS in BC!!!!

I support the thugs. If these waters were open this incident wouldn't of happened and if it did id would be a different crime and I would say throw the book at them. The police and fisheries officers can't be everywhere and it is up to us the law abiding fishers to patrol our waters. If more poachers  met the same ire then poaching would not be an issue. I'll bet this was not the first time these guys saw that man fishing there. We don't know the whole story.