Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never Fish Alone in BC  (Read 17626 times)

ziggypal

Re: Never Fish Alone in BC
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 06:18:11 PM »

This is a good write up and an excellent video. Nice work filming it. These guys will get what's coming to them.

Burbot

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »

as the laws in BC couldn't do anything towards their actions.

It is the feds not provinces that set criminal code law.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »

an assault has taken place where witnesses were present...this is by no means a misdemeanor...these men if found can be charged not only for assault and uttering a threat, but also for burglary because they ransacked through his bag and physically took personal belongings from him...(you can also add destruction of personal property to that list)....if they were stupid enough to make racial slurs then they can also face hate crimes.

to say he had it coming is plain ignorant...how about giving your head a shake?

i know if it was my license plate that was posted on you tube i'd be afraid of parking my truck anywhere near local rivers where an angry fisherman might get an inclination to impose their 'distaste' of what these cowards did   

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:34:43 PM by blaydRnr »

1son

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »

what a bunch of low life's picking on that old guy lucky you guys were there or maybe it could've been worse

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 09:21:44 PM »

Looked like a couple fish farmers. :(
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »

-

lol... buh bye. Took me awhile to figure it out who it was. :) Just because your discussion forum died, doesn't mean you can have a voice here again. :)

blaydRnr, don't mind the worthless troll. :)

Someone who thinks he's knowledgable (he is actually, somewhat lol) yet prefers to log in with a anonymous IP and mask his thoughts in pirate voice is too afraid to be personal accountable for anything. Nice comment in the video too, defending those who offend, always standing up for what's right.

The pirate troll was fun for awhile, but it's time to move on. At least have some pride by the way, don't come back.

Anyway, back to the original topic. This story has picked up quite a bit of momentum as the power of internet is scary. ;D

http://forum.flybc.ca/index.php?showtopic=38825

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?84891-JULY-29-2012-Coquitlam-Never-fish-alone-in-BC

http://www.vanspace.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3008&extra=page%3D1

I believe Coquitlam RCMP has been notified by several individuals regarding this so hopefully we will see a development soon.

Regardless whether the elder gentleman was fishing in a closed area or not, it does not excuse the action of these individuals. This is someone in his 60s. It could have been your dad, your grandfather. It could have been someone who is not aware of the rules. It could also be someone who IS aware of the rules, but you phone the RAPP line instead of dealing with it yourself like the heros in the video.

Fillibert

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »

suspicious that the guy didn't want to press charges. Being the devil's advocate here, could it be that these guys warned him before about this being a closed area. And were fed up with him coming back over and over? Does not excuse their behaviour but makes you wonder... I someone broke my rods I'd be calling 911 right away so a bit suspicious...

azafai

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »

the case should be reported even now to the police.  there are enough witness and documents available against these idiots.  no tolerance to that kind of behavior.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »

suspicious that the guy didn't want to press charges. Being the devil's advocate here, could it be that these guys warned him before about this being a closed area. And were fed up with him coming back over and over? Does not excuse their behaviour but makes you wonder... I someone broke my rods I'd be calling 911 right away so a bit suspicious...

people react differently when jolted...this old guy could have been suffering from shock or just too freaked out at the time.

As Rodney indicated, a call to RAPP or DFO was all that was needed to deal with the situation.

As suspicious as you are towards the old guy, I'm equally suspicious towards the two fools' true underlining agenda that motivated them to over react.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »

I have to somewhat agree with the recently deceased salmon pirate (RIP) on this one. While on the surface it does it appear to be an assault, all I have to go on is a video of throwing water and some anonymous poster named big fish telling a story that may or may not have originated with him. I will refrain from joining the lunch mob at present.

Hardly a reason to not fish alone or to fear for your safety when going for walks with your family.

Edit: That should read "lynch mob" not "lunch mob". Big difference! :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:33:17 AM by clarki »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »

I have to somewhat agree with the recently deceased salmon pirate (RIP) on this one. While on the surface it does it appear to be an assault, all I have to go on is a video of throwing water and some anonymous poster named big fish telling a story that may or may not have originated with him. I will refrain from joining the lunch mob at present.

Hardly a reason to not fish alone or to fear for your safety when going for walks with your family.

more than likely, an incident took place prior to the water tossing...i can't imagine it being coincidence that when the camera started rolling and 'on cue' the passenger just happened to target the old guy as they were driving past him.

witness statement and actions caught on video (be it short) would at least warrant an investigation and give credibility to their story...Big Fish also stated, he had no affiliation to the victim.

an interview with all parties involved and a simple dredge of the pond can easily determine the truth.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:08:50 PM by blaydRnr »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »

The OP is not the video owner. He just C&Ped the video and description like many have done with other videos. I've been in communication with the video owner since his video has generated quite a bit of attention.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »

2 nd bully story that I have read or seen today.

1st one was a report of some group in Greece that is powerful & bully like.

Many went to Greece to escape the Taliban but these Muslims are many times beat up in the public streets.
Also Chinese & East Indian are also victims of the beatings.

The police look the other way.

Greece is in big money problems thus minority races are becoming victims.

Bully bully bully behavior.

Some people are led by a loving heart & sadly some are filled with HATE.
That's why we have violent rapes murders assaults vicious fights.

Being a Christian I truly believe there is a clear choice we have as people.  When it comes to our fellow human being we will either try to love or hate.

News is on & just am hearing 3 people in West Kelowna were exchanging gun shoots with police earlier today.
Just another example of hateful actions.

What these two guys did to this man was totally done from people that have anger hate bitterness... ( devil people )
One day they will meet their Maker :o

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:39:35 PM by A-BOATER »

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:23 AM »

Did I miss something with the title of the thread. I'm still fishing alone, f*** em'!
always a student

Sam6140

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 01:21:22 AM »

I agree about that there is NO REASON to not fish alone.  These things rarely happen.  And the OP, sad to say it is fear mongering just like the media always does.   The old man, could easily just be standing at a bus stop for this type of thing to happen.  Or there could be TWO old men fishing, and I'm sure the situation wouldn't have been different.