Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Northwest-Sees-Record-Returns  (Read 16765 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: Northwest-Sees-Record-Returns
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »

We know very little about the early marine life of Pacific salmonids

Point, set match. I don't think gambling with the wild runs is a smart idea. I've also first hand witnessed what's happened around a feedlot in my native Nova Scotia that used to have some pretty prolific lobster catches in that area for generations until the "farm". Funny, you assume my posts to be of ignorance. You're not the first persons I've offended with plain speech and somehow, I doubt you'll be the last. (and try reading some humour in it there Curly ;D ;D ;D)
http://

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »

We know very little about the early marine life of Pacific salmonids

Point, set match. I don't think gambling with the wild runs is a smart idea. I've also first hand witnessed what's happened around a feedlot in my native Nova Scotia that used to have some pretty prolific lobster catches in that area for generations until the "farm". Funny, you assume my posts to be of ignorance. You're not the first persons I've offended with plain speech and somehow, I doubt you'll be the last. (and try reading some humour in it there Curly ;D ;D ;D)
I am used to insults coming from people that don't know what they are talking about.  No offence really taken.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kintama  :o :o ;D ;D ::) ::)

Odd choice for a name....
Again, we get the ignorance thing thrown up.Repugnant,lame and sad really, but a subterfuge of arrogance is expected when defending the history of feedlots.Care for a nice cup of Norway or Scotland's records with fish "farms"? With that record and the balognie that followed it, credibility isn't there. Reread my previous post about the lobster area in Nova Scotia. Being that Dave spent some time studying at Dalhousie, he might have some knowledge about this. While it may be true I hold no degrees as my family didn't have the resources to send me there,(being fishermen) I also don't rely on my income from one side or drink from that kool aid pitcher of either side. I also witnessed what mismanagement did to eastern stocks, all the time being cheer-led along by corporate interests - not the fisheries best interests. The lesson was learned the hard way for many families that depended on fishing as a way of life for generations, mine being one.  

Sincerely, Ignoramus Maximus ;) ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:56:36 AM by Novabonker »

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »

Do you guys ever get beyond slagging anyone who disagrees with your interpretations? What would prompt you to look up the Urban Dictionary definitions of the name of a perfectly legitimate research outfit and why would you think they were relevant?

Your points would carry far more weight if you could get beyond the shooting at the messenger and provide some actual facts in support of your broad brush declarations.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kintama  :o :o ;D ;D ::) ::)

Odd choice for a name....
Again, we get the ignorance thing thrown up.Repugnant,lame and sad really, but a subterfuge of arrogance is expected when defending the history of feedlots.Care for a nice cup of Norway or Scotland's records with fish "farms"? With that record and the balognie that followed it, credibility isn't there. Reread my previous post about the lobster area in Nova Scotia. Being that Dave spent some time studying at Dalhousie, he might have some knowledge about this. While it may be true I hold no degrees as my family didn't have the resources to send me there,(being fishermen) I also don't rely on my income from one side or drink from that kool aid pitcher of either side. I also witnessed what mismanagement did to eastern stocks, all the time being cheer-led along by corporate interests - not the fisheries best interests. The lesson was learned the hard way for many families that depended on fishing as a way of life for generations, mine being one.  

Sincerely, Ignoramus Maximus ;) ;)
So, your response to a BC company that is helping to establish our ability to track the movements of Pacific salmon is to find its name in the Urban Dictionary and slag it?  That seems a bit strange since anti-fish farm critics love to cite Dr. Welch’s work as being leading edge.  The bold text is a nice touch – makes me really take notice.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »

He had the kintamas to put it in bold. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/06/27/2581214/northwest-sees-record-returns.html

"A record run of more than 400,000 of the Columbia Basin's farthest-swimming salmon are expected to return this year, almost all of them wild fish bred in rivers, instead of the hatcheries that produce most Northwest salmon."

LOL! Right!  :D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »

Do you guys ever get beyond slagging anyone who disagrees with your interpretations? What would prompt you to look up the Urban Dictionary definitions of the name of a perfectly legitimate research outfit and why would you think they were relevant?

Your points would carry far more weight if you could get beyond the shooting at the messenger and provide some actual facts in support of your broad brush declarations.

Just returning fire Sir ;D Um, google it and see what comes up. If you find a different definition than I did, please let me know. I didn't invent this. ::) Maybe Dave has a warped sense of humour. ???  Again, I'm a plain spoken man who states what I believe to be accurate, although I'm never wrong.Well I thought I was wrong once, it just turns out I was mistaken . Never figured fisherman to be the overly sensitive types. Mistaken again. ;)

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »

I did Bing it and the first hit is Kintamaresearch.org, an obvious place to start. The second is kintama.com as Steve suggested you look at and the third is the urban dictionary site. Of course, a giggle about testicles is certainly more worthy of mention than anything you might have read on either of the first two about the subject of the discussion: you did look at them didn't you? The rest of your answer was a passable evasion of any question you may have been asked. You may well never be wrong, but are you ever relevant?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »

BING is Not Google. BING is Not Google.BING is Not Google.BING is Not Google.BING is Not Google. (Get the point?)

Ya know the low opine you have of me really hurts.  :'( :'( :'( Sorry, I had you confused with a fisherman, but as it turns out, after a little research, I found another aquaculture shill. I have grandkids that I want to see wild salmon and what's left of wild BC, not a bunch of money funneled off to Norway after our runs have been destroyed. I will fight tooth and nail to see that doesn't happen with whatever resources I can muster.

Here's what GOOGLE - not bing- GOOGLE (get that - GOOGLE) comes up with. I'm sure you're man enough to apologize to me. ;D ;D

Images
    Maps
    Videos
    News
    Shopping

More
Search Options

Show search tools
Search Results

Urban Dictionary: kintama
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kintama
    Literally "golden eggs" Japanese slang for testicles. Not to be confused for golden pillows which is what Son Goku called his grandfather's testicl...
    kintama
    Literally "golden eggs" Japanese slang for testicles. Not to be ...
    More results from urbandictionary.com »
    Kintama Research
    kintama.com/
    Kintama is the world leader in the design, deployment and operation of large-scale and cost-effective acoustic telemetry arrays. These networks of underwater ...
    Luffy Kintama - YouTube
    ► 1:27► 1:27

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjPEMQHUbs24 Jan 2011 - 1 min - Uploaded by MistgunPy2
    kintama es una mezcla de 金 (kin) oro y 玉 (tama) bola O_O y en serio usan esa expresión formalmente O_O los ...
    More videos for kintama »
    Kintama
    kintama-kintama.blogspot.com/
    24 Jun 2009 – Any person that has studied the Japanese language gets frustrated by the amount of English (and other languages) that have seamlessly been ...
    Web Programming and Mobile Development in Vancouver, BC ...
    cultivate.it/
    CGSGI (Canada) · Discover Holidays · E.B. Horsman & Son · Goldtooth Creative · Kintama · Make-A-Wish BC & Yukon · Off The Wall Clothing · OHM Cycles ...
    Images for kintama
     - Report images
    Kintama | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
    www.myspace.com/kintamaband
    Kintama's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Track   Duration
    She Likes It Vindaloo   audio 4:04   
    At Sunil’s Inn   audio 7:25   
    Escapism   audio 3:37   
    C&C 43 Kintama - kirbyyachtsales' Photos
    kirbyyachtsales.smugmug.com › Boats
    Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.
    EUdict | kintama | Japanese-English dictionary
    www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=kintama
    Japanese-English translation for kintama - online dictionary EUdict.com.
    lazyatom/kintama · GitHub
    github.com › lazyatom › kintama
    29 Jul 2011 – kintama - It's for writing tests OH GOD OH GOD WHY WHY WHY WHY.
    Cem 'Kintama' Enson (CemEnson) on Twitter
    twitter.com/cemenson
    Cem 'Kintama' Enson. @CemEnson. Hello reader! Hows about you read my fucking tweets rather than my bio! Have a lovely day! Your mother's nest, idiot.

Searches related to kintama

kintama gintama

gintama kintama arc

kintama srove

kintama research

kintama slang

gintama arc

gintama episode 1

gintama arc gintama
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »

Regardless of the direction they swim once leaving their estuary, I would be intrigued to hear that Columbia River Sockeye were making a detour through the inside passage past those aforementioned feedlots.
Not all those who wander are lost

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »

A timely story about stupidity and shortsightedness:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/06/29/f-cod-moratorium-history.html

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »

A timely story about stupidity and shortsightedness:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/06/29/f-cod-moratorium-history.html
Agreed.  Over harvesting is bad stuff, and is happening to wild salmon on this coast as I type.
But, what has this to do with salmon farming in BC except to reinforce our posiition that to save wild salmon, harvest rates must drop?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »

"A record run of more than 400,000 of the Columbia Basin's farthest-swimming salmon are expected to return this year, almost all of them wild fish bred in rivers, instead of the hatcheries that produce most Northwest salmon."

LOL! Right!  :D

The news story should have elaborated a little more about the contribution of hatchery raised Sockeye from a DFO hatchery in the area as well as the hard work from local First Nations.  In fact, I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Okanagan Nation Alliance is interested in constructing their own hatchery for the purpose of promoting the reintroduction of Sockeye to Skaha Lake.

speycaster

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 07:16:50 AM »

I believe that they want to see Sockeye back in all the feeder streams of the Okanogan basin.