Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC's Region 5 Hunting Under Threat!  (Read 12884 times)

skaha

• Old Timer
Re: BC's Region 5 Hunting Under Threat!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »

--I don't expect everything is now OK... as,  like all governments... just because they have signed the agreement doesn't mean all their constituents agree or will abide by the ruling.
--This agreement although far from perfect is however I believe historic in a hopefully continued joint conservation effort... rather than.. using resources as a political pawn.

--I am certain their will soon be complaints from some  LEH  permit holders that they are being denied access into areas that they are supposed to be allowed to go into. There will also be reports of poaching from both non LEH hunters and native hunters who will exceed their needs or indeed waste game..ie. taking only hind quarter and leaving rest in the bush, illegally guiding etc.

--These issues cannot be ignored but we have to keep our eyes on the prize and not be sidetracked by these reports... an agreement in principal is something to be proud of and built upon.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:14:18 AM by skaha »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »

Friend is hunting with some buddies right now west of Whilliams Lake for 9 days. Will find out if they had any problems when I hear from him.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »

Friend called last night. Two moose for their group of 8. No problems with the locals just coyotes. Guy at work said some of his buddies came back from hunting west of Willys lake same thing no problems, but no luck.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?