Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HIGH WATER TACKLE North Shore  (Read 3128 times)

ALBA CHIEFISH

HIGH WATER TACKLE North Shore
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »

Hey Guys.

Just had some great service at Highwater Tackle on the North shore.

Basically I had handed in one of those 4 piece Diawa spinmatic rod for a replacement part. some time went past and something in the supply chain slowed things down, however when I went back in the other day they replaced what I needed from there own stock. I thought this was beyond what they were responsible for thought this was worth post to say thanks for the great service. Definitely will go back there again.

firebird

Re: HIGH WATER TACKLE North Shore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »

I've only visited Highwater once in my life. It was about 23 yrs ago. I was young and out of work and about $15 short in cash on the cost of a pair of chest waders and Dave let me have them. I moved out of North Van shortly after. Otherwise, I'd most likely have been a very loyal customer of his shop and would've recommended him to all my friends. It's good to hear of small shops that give customers a break in order to establish long term clientele.

patagonia

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »

I had a rod tip blow out the back of my buddy's boat on the hwy a few years back, was chatting with Dave about it and I ended up with a brand new rod tip, they are the best, always have time for advice or info... cant say enough good things about that shop.

Driller

• Keeping it real.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »

Even if you don't live on the North Shore, I'd recommend going there in a heartbeat.  I've been in many stores throughout the province over the years and sometimes I feel like an outsider at places where they don't know you as a "local".  Everyone gets the same treatment at Highwater.  I know this, because I've sent friends who are starting off and they were treated great! 
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »

Awesome guy with no bull

I called him for bait.   He was closing but left it in a special spot outside... Told me to pay for it next time
see ya on the river

Dogbreath

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

Aye, Dave Steele be an honourable merchant says I.
You Betcha Yar!!!