Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips  (Read 26480 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »

After a hiatus and on the urging of Dave "I Am Back" as, Arnold would say.
I attended Alex's talk last night at the Cheam band Office and filmed this part of 4 parts, here is part one for those who wish to view.

http://youtu.be/k1Hi8hcam7I

I had a brief chance to talk as well and spoke about this thread on Fishing with Rod and the number of people that are following her work, what a great lady. ;D

I also got some salmon are sacred stickers for Dave. ;D

More to follow.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:12:55 AM »

Welcome back Chris....   Always appreciate your information.

However, mostly we appreciate your passion for the drive to protect the wild salmon. Without folks like you and Alex, the feedlots will continue to expand and poison our coast.

Keep up the good work!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »

However, mostly we appreciate your passion for the drive to protect the wild salmon. Without folks like you and Alex, the feedlots will continue to expand and poison our coast.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for kind words, it was a great evening at Cheam, will have clip 2 up shortly.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »

Clip 2, 2 more to come. It's good to be back posting.;D ;D

http://youtu.be/evndxXXKcYY

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »

Welcome back Chris!  Your fans have missed you ;D

Interesting that Ms. Morton, or MoM (Mistress of Misinformation) would choose such a militant Indian Band to speak to.  I wonder if she condones what the Cheam Band is presently doing to endangered upper Fraser River chinook stocks?   
Oh, hang on, it doesn't matter does it, because we all know its fish farms killing these fish ;)

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »

I expect that Ms. Morton has reasoned they will be easy to convince to support her thesis. It does appear that those who by their actions do have consequent effects on the stocks, commercial fishermen being the primary example, like Ms. Morton's efforts to blame the farms for the problems affecting the fish. It minimizes the attention paid to them.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »

Glad your back in the saddle Chris. DAFTT (Dave Absolon Fish Tall Tails) will have to watch their P and Q's now. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »

Dave and Absolon.....   Can't believe that you're now attacking some of our first nation folks! How low will you stoop??  ???  :o

I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised as according to you boys, everybody is at fault except the feedlots.  ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »

I missed you af ;) and sadly the Cheam Band is what it is; a band lacking leadership regarding salmon harvests and long term conservation.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »

Usually when someone tells me they missed me, I get a good feeling......

Unfortunately, I'm not getting that good feeling when you say it Dave.  :D

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »

Keep up the good work!

Sorta like whats happening in Red Deer with the oil leak AF...Pretty soon Enbridge will be poisoning our coast too, on top of the feedlots... ;)
Take the T out of Morton.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »

I expect that Ms. Morton has reasoned they will be easy to convince to support her thesis. It does appear that those who by their actions do have consequent effects on the stocks, commercial fishermen being the primary example, like Ms. Morton's efforts to blame the farms for the problems affecting the fish. It minimizes the attention paid to them.

X2

Nice to see you back, Chris.  Hope fishing has been good to you.  I didn't get a chance to see the video yet because I am too busy watching "An Evening with Yanni" on PBS at the moment.  :P

Dave and Absolon.....   Can't believe that you're now attacking some of our first nation folks! How low will you stoop??

Actually, if you talk to some Upper Fraser First Nation bands they might share some of those opinions.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »

How low will you stoop??  ???  :o

As low as I need to so I can reach down and pat you on the head. :D

jon5hill

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 01:55:56 AM »

She absolutely nails it. Thanks for this Chris. Also - don't listen to the peanut gallery and their attempts to discredit Alex.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 05:48:39 AM »