Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kokanee  (Read 2384 times)

ICA

Kokanee
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »

Any Koke addicts out there? Would it be worth the while to go to Allouette during this time of the year for them? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

ICA

skaha

• Old Timer
Re: Kokanee
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »

--hitting skaha between snow stormes down to 4 degrees last night. .. is it summer yet?

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »

haven't been out this year for kokes, but i usually like to go out a few times, but lack of time / money / and boat have stopped me from going, i would try allouette, its worth a shot, as long as its not a warm sunny day, so that you don't have to deal with wake boarders and speed boats.  we got a few good size kokanee in harrison lake a few weeks ago while trolling for trout, some of them almost looked like ocean run sockeye from the size, the biggest was about 3.5lbs

and skaha, summer passed already, that week of nice weather in may was about it, we are in november now from the way the weather is looking ::)

fishbuster

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »

Was out on Alouette last week.  Brought my limit home.  Lots of action.  Also managed a nice Dolly which I released.  Not many boats out, but was also during the week that I went.

firebird

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »

Was out on Alouette last week.  Brought my limit home.  Lots of action.  Also managed a nice Dolly which I released.  Not many boats out, but was also during the week that I went.

The "Dolly" was most likely a bull trout ... how big was it? And how big were the kokanee?

fishbuster

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »

I would say a good 16" and chubby.  The Kokanee were all around 12" give or take an inch.

l5h2

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »

I assume you were trolling flies or small lures? 

Were you trolling near the surface or were you using downriggers?

fishbuster

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

Weddingring tipped with a piece of worm and about .5 ounces of weight with 40 pulls.

Copper Koski

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »

x2 for aloutette lake. The action will probly slow down mid day, but most often you will see lots showing themselves in the morning and evening. Right accross from the boat launch is a pretty decent place to start.