Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing From Shore..Can i fish off of Lighthouse Park?  (Read 5368 times)

Dude

Fishing From Shore..Can i fish off of Lighthouse Park?
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »

I finally get some time off tomorrow and want to try to head out on the water...i have googled around and it seems as though I cant Fish from Lighthouse Park can anyone confirm this?
I dont have a boat so i have to drive around and from google sattellite view Lighthouse park in West Van looks a good place to try for some catch and release. but i do not want to be fishing where im not suppose to. if somone could shed some light it would be much appreciated.   :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:15:46 PM by Rodney »

hookR

Re: Fishing From Shore..Can i fish off of Lighthouse Park?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »

I believe there is no fishing at lighthouse park. I think its a rockfish conservation area so no fishing by boat either but then I can be wrong. Somebody correct me if I am.

What species are you after?

Dude

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:29 PM »

I am after Anything! flounder, sole, rock fish,lings.. what ever i can catch! just need to wet the lines!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »

There's currently no retention allowed for rockfish and lingcod, so it is recommended that you do not target them as their catch and release mortality can be pretty high. Lighthouse Park is not in a DFO designated rockfish conservation area, but the park is fully/partially closed for fishing. I say fully/partially as the bylaw is not completely clear, but signs are posted at the park that indicate where fishing is prohibited. To be completely sure and not wasting gas money to the park, you are best to phone the City of West Vancouver by using the numbers listed on this page:

http://westvancouver.ca/Government/Level3.aspx?id=324

And be sure to post here and let others know when you find out the answer.