Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soccer Sucks  (Read 11906 times)

kosanin kosher salt

Re: Soccer Sucks
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »

footy is the most natural sport to mankind . the only bad thing about it now is that theres too much diving  :(

russia and spain for the euro final , russia to win ! i can see a couple wins for greece it would be nice for the nation to cheer about something .

and  IF canada will make the 2014 world cup it would be something this nation has never seen before, equivilant  or even greater to a city winning the stanley cup and i aint kidding

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »

footy is the most natural sport to mankind . the only bad thing about it now is that theres too much diving  :(

russia and spain for the euro final , russia to win ! i can see a couple wins for greece it would be nice for the nation to cheer about something .

and  IF canada will make the 2014 world cup it would be something this nation has never seen before, equivilant  or even greater to a city winning the stanley cup and i aint kidding

Actually, Canada has qualified for the Men's World Cup before. They qualified for the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »

With soccer you are trying to kick the ball (no hands) into the opposing team's goal which is 100 meters away and only a tenth the size of the end zone of football, and guarded by a goalie.  It is the challenge of getting the ball even close to the opposing team's goal, let alone getting a decent shot (struck with your foot) that has a chance of getting by the 7 guys on the other side AND past their goalie, that makes it enjoyable to those who like that kind of thing.  When you understand the game, and the strategies involved, watching it is more enjoyable.  When you can watch hockey, however, why would want to watch anything else?

7 guys on the other side?  What kind of soccer are you watching?  lol

In every soccer game I've watched, there are 10 players + a goalie on the field per team.
;)
Tex

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »

7 guys on the other side?  What kind of soccer are you watching?  lol

In every soccer game I've watched, there are 10 players + a goalie on the field per team.
;)
Tex

Yes, 10, but you will never see all of them in the penalty area. ;)
Not all those who wander are lost