Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Fraser River chinook & sockeye management updates - Openings and closures  (Read 11202 times)

EZ_Rolling

I am all for selective fishery but honestly if there are nets in the river how can one take this notice seriously?

fic

• Old Timer

I think they should have re-written it to say something like.  "From August 18th to Sep???, Bottom bouncing in the Tidal/Non Tidal Fraser and its tributary is prohibited, instead of "advise you to avoid bottom bouncing".

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

I am all for selective fishery but honestly if there are nets in the river how can one take this notice seriously?

That's what I was thinking...   I remember in past years when we had sports sockeye openings and nets were in the river, every sockeye I caught had net marks on it. How stressed are net escapees? How many sockeye get caught and escape the nets versus how many are flossed and released?  I think I know the answer.....

Bottom bouncing is legal but isn't allowed......   kinda the opposite of FN sockeye selling, which is illegal but allowed.   ???  ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

mikeyman

Wow the first nations must eat a tonne of  fish...300,000...400,000, maybe we should average that out on how many fish per actual person. Oh right they sell them out of the back of a pick up and then just dump the rest on the river to rot. Oh ya guess what no more sockeye in four years. my smelly socks!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Bottom bouncing is legal but isn't allowed......   kinda the opposite of FN sockeye selling, which is illegal but allowed.   ???  ::)

;)