Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 6Wt Floating Lines  (Read 2271 times)

Trout_Bum

6Wt Floating Lines
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »

I am looking to replace a well used 6wt weight forward floating line set-up. I current have a Cortland 444 line on, and I am ok with it, but wanted to get others input on what some of the better lines are. I generally use my floater for chironomid fishing.....and i use an oversize strike indicator as my eyes are getting poor. With my current line I am having some difficulty in driving the line in windy conditions.

Speyfitter

Re: 6Wt Floating Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »

Rio makes an Indicator line that is apparently well reviewed by many who own it: http://www.rioproducts.com/fly-lines/freshwater/trout/RIO-Indicator

Try their AgentX cleaning/conditioning set up. I bought a new Rio Steelhead/Atlantic Salmon Taper and conditioned it with this stuff and it casts very nice as a result.

Trout_Bum

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »

Thanks Speyfitter. I have heard nice things about Rio lines.  I will definitely be checking this one out.
I was also interested in some of the textured lines such as the Sharkskin......anyone have any first hand info they could share?

Trout Bum

joshhowat

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »

I have a rio nymphing Line and indicator line and love them both. They can punch out anything.

Josh
Eat, Sleep, Fish.