Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bent Rods Fishing report/outlook for May 2012  (Read 3840 times)

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
Bent Rods Fishing report/outlook for May 2012
« on: April 23, 2012, 06:04:51 AM »

Hello everyone, hope you all had a great Winter Steelhead fishery or just a great winter season.

With springtime now in full bloom some exciting fishing is about to start happening.

Its been a great year of Steelheading on the Vedder and other local rivers, good numbers of fish and some real big ones have been caught.
Anglers reported some great success using both our jigs and Spinners to catch Steelhead all over North America.

Our website has been updated with all our products and has a new shopping cart, pay pal system that makes ordering from us very easy.

With 2 more weeks of full access gear fishing and a month of fly only fishing left on the Chilliwack River, some great fishing is still to be had, we will continue doing Steelhead trips until the water murks up too much from springtime snow melt.

As far as Steelhead fishing goes there are some rivers worth checking out in the Squamish area, I myself will be making my annual trip up to that area to try for Steelhead and bull trout. Just remember to check the regulations as this system is bait ban, and only catch and release .

Heres a video blog of some winter Steelhead fishing on the Chilliwack River I made.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76t-5VMaSgc

Sturgeon Fishing is now in full swing with the big Gators getting very active in the last few weeks. Sturgeon fishing will only get better now and its a great fishery for anyone.
 We have spring Sturgeon specials on now and some prime dates still available, give us a call now to get your adventure booked.

Heres a video blog I made about spring Sturgeon fishing, not the greatest quality video and the sound is a bit wonky, but it was the best I could do in a rain squall with the i phone, enjoy....................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16BStt2Dy3M

There are some great trout fishing opportunities about to get going in the Southern interior and Fraser Valley worth mentioning.

In the Fraser Valley fry are hatching and most rivers will have various trout feeding heavily on Salmon fry, fry imitations wlill be your best bet for this type of fishing.

Local lakes will also be fishing well so check your regs, get out there and enjoy some great Fraser Valley trout action.

In the Southern Interior ice is coming off the lakes quickly now with many lakes already turned over and fishing well. Early season interior lake fishing can be awesome, the trout will eat many flies and lures and are often voracious in their feeding habits.

In a few more weeks the heavy chironomid hatches will get going and this will be the go to fly for weeks after, so get yourself set up and give this fishery a try, some of the years biggest trout will be taken on these small flies.

I will post up a video blog of some Southern interior Chironomid fishing in late May.

I wish everyone a great spring with some fantastic fishing.

Tight lines and Bent Rods.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:16:06 AM by BentRodsGuiding »
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Bent Rods Fishing report/outlook for May 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »

Good report Rod, thanks.