Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any Advice?  (Read 9078 times)

Kenai Twitch

• I'm a llama!
Any Advice?
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:01:10 AM »

Hey all,

Just got my new pontoon boat in this morning and have some days off coming up next tues.

Anyone recommend any lakes I could try it out on? I drove up to Buntzen and fished from shore over the weekend but would like to stay away from the Ft Langley crossing if possible.

Coming from the Ladner area so something not too far away.

Thanks in advance,

Kenai Twitch
 ;D

Floon

• It's all in the reflexes!!
    • Lloydpaskall.com
Re:Any Advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 08:11:12 PM »

Hey, I am a Ladner boy as well! You might wanna try Jones (*wallach*) lake for some great cutthroat actionb. I'd say "cutty" but Halfback from the other board might BBQ my cat!!! ;) ;D ;D
Drop me a mail if you are so inclined.

Randy*
Some people think I'm insane. Some other people think I am not right in the head.
Then again some people drive in the fast lane under the speed limit with their blinkers on........
Perhaps these are one and the same people???
You be the judge.

Floon

• Lloydpaskall.com
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 01:59:52 PM »

Ya shoulda been there at Jones. I landed well over 25 fish rainbows and cutthroat and losing a 3# fish on my second cast! The lagest I landed was a 17-18" cutthroat and I smacked quite a few 'bows to 16".
Everyone I was with caught fish, (8 of us) and many got 20 or more. the creek fishing at inflows was pretty dang good too, I caught 4 in 4 casts one being the 17-18" cutt.
Cheers!
Flooney*
Some people think I'm insane. Some other people think I am not right in the head.
Then again some people drive in the fast lane under the speed limit with their blinkers on........
You be the judge.

markyboy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 03:58:58 PM »

I'd heard that the water levels at Jones was very low lately and that getting a boat in there wasn't too easy at the moment.

otto

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 04:34:06 PM »

Jones is really low right now. takes a good half hour slugging through the thigh deep mud, struggling to carry or drag your boat.........IMHO i would try mike lake, sasamat or similar. not much wind, interesting fishing........................ 8)

Floon

• Lloydpaskall.com
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 07:14:37 AM »

The advice here so far regarding Jones is bunk. Go to the second campsite area and you will find hard sand to the water, I launched a 12' boat there no problem from a trailer. (east side)
I was using stickleback patterns and olive damsel nymphs.
Try the creek mouths...... ;)
You be the judge.

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 10:32:20 PM »

Mike Lake and Jones Lake...

How's access to these lakes, rough or nice road.

I am planning to take an RV to one of the local lakes.