Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TV Coverage Re fish Farms Today From Quadra Island  (Read 9271 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
Re: TV Coverage Re fish Farms Today From Quadra Island
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »

-1 Grin Grin
you made me chuckle ;)

Sure has been quiet on the copy and paste front chris.  With the fate of staniford looming I would think it safe to say that the anti's are anxious to see if they can continue miss leading the public like they have for so long.  But its ok to campaign proven facts still....oh, thats why its so quiet.

insert conspiracy theory here

change topic to pcp's here

Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

you made me chuckle ;)

Sure has been quiet on the copy and paste front chris.  With the fate of staniford looming I would think it safe to say that the wild salmon supporters are anxious to see if they can continue informing the public like they have for so long.  But its ok to campaign proven facts still....oh, thats why its so quiet.

I corrected the terminology used in your "post".  Hopefully you will "see the light" as well before it's too late for our wild salmon.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 01:06:16 PM »

af, the horse you're flogging is dead.  As Chris tells me from time to time ... go fishing ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »

af, the horse you're flogging is dead.  As Chris tells me from time to time ... go fishing ;)
Its just beginning David.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »

you made me chuckle ;)

Sure has been quiet on the copy and paste front chris.  With the fate of staniford looming I would think it safe to say that the anti's are anxious to see if they can continue miss leading the public like they have for so long.  But its ok to campaign proven facts still....oh, thats why its so quiet.

If you read the copy and paste Vancouver Sun article  ;D ;D about the damage run of the river projects are doing to fish stocks you must remember how the proponents said they would never impact the fish in these rivers and would be placed above where fish were. I believe I heard the former Environment Minister Barry Penner say this too. After freedom of information was obtained by the Vancouver Sun we see what they previously said was not true.

See some inserts below from the article if you did not have time read it that makes one ask if people are not allowed to question environmental issue like fish farms, run of river projects etc. who would? I think as long as we have a democratic society there always will be people and organizations willing to bring these topic and concerns forward, sometimes at their own peril. Thankfully we have a free press that can also bring these issues to the forefront.

From today Vancouver Sun's article.

"I’m seeing significant environmental problems,” said Gwen Barlee, policy director for the Wilderness Committee. “And that runs completely counter to what the companies are saying, which is essentially, ‘Trust us with your wild rivers and there won’t be any problems.’ ”

"The federal fisheries department refused to allow anyone to be interviewed by The Sun".

"Atlantic Power refused interview requests from The Sun".

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »

I guess you haven't seen the river since the last rain...
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »

If you read the copy and paste Vancouver Sun article  ;D ;D about the damage run of the river projects are doing to fish stocks you must remember how the proponents said they would never impact the fish in these rivers and would be placed above where fish were. I believe I heard the former Environment Minister Barry Penner say this too. After freedom of information was obtained by the Vancouver Sun we see what they previously said was not true.

See some inserts below from the article if you did not have time read it that makes one ask if people are not allowed to question environmental issue like fish farms, run of river projects etc. who would? I think as long as we have a democratic society there always will be people and organizations willing to bring these topic and concerns forward, sometimes at their own peril. Thankfully we have a free press that can also bring these issues to the forefront.

From today Vancouver Sun's article.

"I’m seeing significant environmental problems,” said Gwen Barlee, policy director for the Wilderness Committee. “And that runs completely counter to what the companies are saying, which is essentially, ‘Trust us with your wild rivers and there won’t be any problems.’ ”

"The federal fisheries department refused to allow anyone to be interviewed by The Sun".

"Atlantic Power refused interview requests from The Sun".

You've been burned too many times by politicians I think.   As we all see from your post, wild salmonids in BC are in big trouble but fish farms are at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to the cause.  The real problem is climate change/global warming leading to warmer water, human greed and the insidious population growth, loss of fish habitat and the eventual loss of genetic diversity in the few remaining wild fish.
Lets go fishing but not today :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »

You've been burned too many times by politicians I think.   As we all see from your post, wild salmonids in BC are in big trouble but fish farms are at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to the cause.  The real problem is climate change/global warming leading to warmer water, human greed and the insidious population growth, loss of fish habitat and the eventual loss of genetic diversity in the few remaining wild fish.
Lets go fishing but not today :D

Don't think I have been burned by them as they burn themselves, after a while.

I, as a volunteer, like many others just do what we can do to try and make things better for the future.
We certainly donot gain financially, actually as you know it costs one pocket book by being a volunteer but that's OK because we believe in what we say and do, we just try to put our words into action.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »

but that's OK because we believe in what we say and do, we just try to put our words into action.
And that you do and I applaud you for it.  Seriously.
Who knows, perhaps alwaysfishn, Sandman, aquapaloosa, absolon, Easywater,Troutbreath, Bassonator, shuswapsteve et al and of course you and I can go fishing together.  That would be hoot ;D  Fly only though ...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

Correction to TV coverage during protest at Campbell River.

http://youtu.be/UR-7oYWwhdk