Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Long Gun Registry Gasps Final Breath  (Read 6269 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Long Gun Registry Gasps Final Breath
« on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »

Motion to defeat this ridiculous burden on the taxpayer passed 159 to 130.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/two-new-democrats-side-with-tories-on-final-gun-registry-vote/article2339883/

Now off to the Conservative controlled Senate for proper debating, followed immediately by rubber stamping.

A looooong overdue death for this inane BS shoved down our throats by the anti's!

I'll be having a Registration Burning Party very soon!!  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Long Gun Registry Gasps Final Breath
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:15 PM »

Good riddance to rubbish....   ;D

Common sense says that law abiding citizens who had to register their guns, didn't use them to commit crimes and yet the Liberals still maintain the registry prevented crimes.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »

at last. compleate waste of money.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

One good things they have done, fish farms next? ::)

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »

Now , after they finally did it, I don't have to vote for them anymore ;D

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »

Now , after they finally did it, I don't have to vote for them anymore ;D

YetiHunter

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:57:51 PM »

Nice to see them keep their promise. I'm going to have a little scotch and reg burning session when the senate passes the bill - might even buy myself a new firearm to celebrate.

blacktail2

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

Just a quick question on this, what happens to all the info on registered guns they have collected to this point? When this silly law first came out i registered all my long guns and i am curious what happens with all that info now this is being abolished. The last thing is what do we do with all the paper work we have on these, reg cards etc ?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:21:02 PM by blacktail2 »

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »

Just a quick question on this, what happens to all the info on registered guns they have collected to this point? When this silly law first came out i registered all my long guns and i am curious what happens with all that info now this is being abolished.    

Quebec is suing to keep the information intact.  ::)
Harper et al is ignoring that, and planning to proceed with it's immediate destruction once the Senate signs off.  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

blacktail2

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 03:23:15 PM »

Whoa... Thats was quick thanks Nog

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

not to forget that this would have been long gone had Rock not used it as a bargaining chip with the Cretian, I'll step aside as long as you keep the registry, rumour has it.

hate to give the guy any credit, but enus (Harper) stuck too his word.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

buzzbomb

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »

He stuck to his word about 1 thing only though - he‘s still a snake as far as I‘m concerned.  He has no qualms about lying to us when it suits his purpose and he thinks he can get away with it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:19:33 AM by buzzbomb »
5% Alc./Vol.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »

He stuck to his word about 1 thing only though - he‘s still a snake as far as I‘m concerned.  He has no qualms about lying to us when it suits his purpose and he thinks he can get away with it.

Totally agree buzzbomb, I think Harper is hell bent in undoing everything that Canada and Canadians have been respected for worldwide. He is nothing but a Bush/Cheney Clone with the despicable morals of Maggie Thatcher.
The good part about this exercise will be that Canadians are being reminded about what has been taken for granted for too long and are starting to fight his ultra right wing ideology.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

buzzbomb

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 05:17:13 AM »

The bill passed the senate and today should get the GG‘s signature to become law.  I guess half the country will be celebrating and half will be sad about this but it‘s how democracy works. If the governments we‘ve had in the last 40 years had only used the laws already in place it likely never would have happened and the money wasted could have funded something better, or if the Libs would have used some common sense in how they implemented the licensing and registration procedures, (instead of just sending out a few kids from NB with a polaroid and a stack of forms) we might not be stuck with the government we have now. 
5% Alc./Vol.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »

The bill passed the senate and today should get the GG‘s signature to become law.  I guess half the country will be celebrating and half will be sad about this but it‘s how democracy works. If the governments we‘ve had in the last 40 years had only used the laws already in place it likely never would have happened and the money wasted could have funded something better, or if the Libs would have used some common sense in how they implemented the licensing and registration procedures, (instead of just sending out a few kids from NB with a polaroid and a stack of forms) we might not be stuck with the government we have now. 

You don't seriously believe that the only reason the voters elected the Conservative government was to get rid of the registry....  do you??  ???  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[