Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Border guards met Don Staniford today with plans to deport him.  (Read 65470 times)

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
Re: Border guards met Don Staniford today with plans to deport him.
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »

Hard to believe that Absolon is resorting to spreading silly conspiracy theories...  when he prides himself on backing everything with science.

Its pretty clear in his post that he is just speculating and curious.  This is far from spreading conspiracy theories or unsubstantiated facts as so often seen here and on certain "blogs"....growth hormones..pffft!

Given the rules for visitor's and work permits, Staniford's comments that he hasn't worked since May 2010 and has no financial resources and the fact that he has somehow been covering his costs of living, it is quite possible that he is in violation of the rules and subject to deportation, a fact that would come out, as was pointed out earlier, when he got involved with the legal system this time.

It is quite interesting that no media picked up on Staniford's facebook comment and that Staniford himself shut right up about it. No doubt, if it is true, that Staniford saw this as a good opportunity to raise even money by presenting himself as the righteous but downtrodden victim of a system out to railroad him.

I suspect that his lawyer's first response, should the claim actually be true, would be to shut him up and tell him he wasn't doing himself any favours by complaining of being treated badly for flaunting the law. Any statements he made now would likely affect the outcome of prospective deportation proceedings. Staniford, now running scared in spite of his bravado and bluster, obviously would recognize the merits of that suggestion though he wasn't smart enough to restrain himself from saying that he wouldn't pay any judgments obtained against him. Truly an ethical man!

I'm also curious what that "$50,000 dollars the Norwegian government would have" as noted in the translated article refers to. I'm wondering if he moved here to avoid paying some previous judgment against him that will be enforceable once he returns to Europe.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:46:33 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »

Or........                         

It was a failed attempt by the government to try and rattle him. After the initial shock of being confronted by immigration in the hallway, Don decided to set it aside and focus on the trial.

Hard to believe that Absolon is resorting to spreading silly conspiracy theories...  when he prides himself on backing everything with science.  ::)

Failed attempt by the government to try and rattle him??  You are too funny.  You actually believe this stuff.  So who else is part of the conspiracy along with the Province of BC, DFO, CFIA, CBSA and Mainstream to have poor Don deported?  Maybe they all know where Jimmy Hoffa is.

Unlike that Italian curise ship captain at least you are going down with your ship....so I give you credit.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »

Failed attempt by the government to try and rattle him??  You are too funny.  You actually believe this stuff.  So who else is part of the conspiracy along with the Province of BC, DFO, CFIA, CBSA and Mainstream to have poor Don deported?  Maybe they all know where Jimmy Hoffa is.

Unlike that Italian curise ship captain at least you are going down with your ship....so I give you credit.
Going down with the ship? This whole issue about salmon has been going on for years, before most of us took an interest and I donot see it ending any time soon.

Have you read the book previously mentioned and suggested reading by Terry, A Stain Upon The Sea that was published 8 years ago in 2004? If not maybe you should consider doing so, it is more than just ones person opinion on what is going on.
Thanks for your contributions to this subject.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:18:20 PM by chris gadsden »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »

Failed attempt by the government to try and rattle him??  You are too funny.  You actually believe this stuff.  So who else is part of the conspiracy along with the Province of BC, DFO, CFIA, CBSA and Mainstream to have poor Don deported?  Maybe they all know where Jimmy Hoffa is.

Apparently you haven't read the email that circulated at the CFIA?  "It is clear that we are turning the PR tide to our favour," he writes, "and this is because of the very successful performance of our spokesmen at the Tech Briefing yesterday... Congratulations! One battle is won, now we have to nail the surveillance piece, and we will win the war also."

CFIA is a government agency....  It's pretty obvious that they will do anything to "win the war"!  That's not funny!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »

Week 1 Review: Cermaq Vs. Staniford, From Global Alliance

http://salmonfarmingkills.com/blog/week-1-review-cermaq-vs-staniford

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 09:25:01 AM »

So, uh, how much money are you (Chris, alwaysfishin,Troutbreath, etc) donating to defend this guy?
Anyone?

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »

I would guess they already lost there shirts on closed containment.

The old "donate" button on those sites is always an indicator. 

I see it as a bit of a flaw in the anti salmon farming crusade.  Seems to be a fair number of anti-groups out there scrachin for the donations.  You would think they would be united some how but the competition for funding is stiff I guess.  Now don is cuttin in as an dependent just pissing all that money away.  And if he loses and does not pay we are all paying for it as taxpayers.  That irks me.

And by the way,  there seems to be allot of talk of sea lion and seal deaths in the last posts.  In my neck of the woods we have not had a death of either for over 3 years.  This is the result of new nets specifically designed to defend farm stocks from critters and not accidentally kill them.  Basically reducing contact between the two to zero. 
  This is what bothers me about the anti's is that they keep hammering away at old situations that have long since been resolved.   This by the way is the case in much of the info in the old "stain upon the sea" book.  I find it hard to believe that chris has "just found it".  Time for those guys to write an up to date version though I think that would reduced it to a small brochure if it contained actual facts and no fear mongering.

Thanks for the post chris...interesting read indeed.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 10:44:33 AM »

I would guess they already lost there shirts on closed containment.

The old "donate" button on those sites is always an indicator. 

I see it as a bit of a flaw in the anti salmon farming crusade.  Seems to be a fair number of anti-groups out there scrachin for the donations.  You would think they would be united some how but the competition for funding is stiff I guess.  Now don is cuttin in as an dependent just pissing all that money away.  And if he loses and does not pay we are all paying for it as taxpayers.  That irks me.

And by the way,  there seems to be allot of talk of sea lion and seal deaths in the last posts.  In my neck of the woods we have not had a death of either for over 3 years.  This is the result of new nets specifically designed to defend farm stocks from critters and not accidentally kill them.  Basically reducing contact between the two to zero. 
  This is what bothers me about the anti's is that they keep hammering away at old situations that have long since been resolved.   This by the way is the case in much of the info in the old "stain upon the sea" book.  I find it hard to believe that chris has "just found it".  Time for those guys to write an up to date version though I think that would reduced it to a small brochure if it contained actual facts and no fear mongering.

Thanks for the post chris...interesting read indeed.

I should remind you that Staniford didn't start this wasted court time. It is Mainstream that took it to court.

That's what should irk you!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »

So, uh, how much money are you (Chris, alwaysfishin,Troutbreath, etc) donating to defend this guy?
Anyone?

I don't know how to say "It's none of your business!" in a polite way.

Any suggestions?  ;D

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 11:14:55 AM »

I should remind you that Staniford didn't start this wasted court time. It is Mainstream that took it to court.

That's what should irk you!

Free speech is one thing, this case is another.  I think they should take him to court.  I am glad they did.  I think they should.

Funny that all the grandstanding attempts by staniford are being denied.  That does not happen in the public forum.

I wonder why he isn't wearing any of his costumes to court?  Oh I guess he doesn't have to, his true colors are shining just fine.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »

You can deny it is about free speech, however when a Corporation takes a person to court to stop them from speaking their mind it is an attempt to limit free speech.

A win for Mainstream would mean that any company could muzzle any individual if they felt that the individual was saying something they disagreed with.....    That's why I can't see this going anywhere.

Is there a Canadian legal precedent that you are aware of that would give Mainstream any hope of winning this? Notice I said Canadian, not some communist country where this goes on all the time.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »

Don't you think that there has to be a limit to what a person can say in and how they say it? Or are you just a hands down "free speech" guy and truth does not matter?  There has to be a boundary.  Even for him to be credible there has to be a boundary otherwise the public will just see him for the cracker that he is. 

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »

It is pretty unprofessional of don to push the boundary.  If this case is about free speech then that kinda discredits him in the sense that it doesn't matter what he says.  He can say whatever he wants even if it is BS or unrealistic,  which in this case it obviously is!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

It is pretty unprofessional of don to push the boundary.  If this case is about free speech then that kinda discredits him in the sense that it doesn't matter what he says.  He can say whatever he wants even if it is BS or unrealistic,  which in this case it obviously is!

You must remember that Staniford is the defendant. He is defending against Mainstream trying to muzzle him because they argue he is saying untrue statements about them. I think if you look at all Stanifords statements, you will find some truth in all of them and at the very least you would be hard pressed to prove that the statements are not true....

Salmon farming kills  - they kill seals for example
Salmon farming harms the environment - of course it does
Salmon farming products make people sick - if a person eats enough PCB's they will get sick and die. That's why the EPA suggests limiting the intake of farmed salmon.
Salmon farming does illegal activities - they just admitted guilt to that
Salmon farming's business and products kill the environment - you know very well that it's a dead zone under the pens

This is just a few of the examples...

Change and reforms only happen when individuals "push the boundaries". They couldn't do this if they were muzzled. If individuals didn't push boundaries women wouldn't be voting.....  Slavery wouldn't have been abolished.   ???